• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Simon Says "Do This"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 48679

54 Cal.
Reaction score
When I was proof-reading a few issues of Guns of the Old West, I ran across a copy of Doc Holliday's knife, and decided to make one as close to the pattern as I could.

Rf4ULIOl.jpg

So I bought a close copy of the pattern & some scale blanks

6owodSGl.jpg

I got going on the scales......

eHFBTHAl.jpg

DRQ5f3Ll.jpg

And after applying some elbow grease, ended up with this:

fxRuWjWl.jpg

IDK whether to use it as a patch knife, or a boot knife........ whatcha think ?

I was a rebellious child and stopped doing what Simon said in the 1st grade. That's a nice knife, a very close copy. I was always impressed with that outfit and would have had one if I had the money. "Simon says" sure brings back memories.

When I was proof-reading a few issues of Guns of the Old West, I ran across a copy of Doc Holliday's knife, and decided to make one as close to the pattern as I could.

Rf4ULIOl.jpg

6owodSGl.jpg

eHFBTHAl.jpg

DRQ5f3Ll.jpg

fxRuWjWl.jpg

Give it as a gift to the needy, me!

Rf4ULIOl.jpg

6owodSGl.jpg

eHFBTHAl.jpg

DRQ5f3Ll.jpg

fxRuWjWl.jpg

excellent. I know that took a lot of time

Rf4ULIOl.jpg

6owodSGl.jpg

eHFBTHAl.jpg

DRQ5f3Ll.jpg

fxRuWjWl.jpg

a boot knife! DAMM, but it is just SPOT ON!!! KUDDOS to YA!!

a boot knife! DAMM, but it is just SPOT ON!!! KUDDOS to YA!!
I’m assuming boot knives require a sheath sewn to the inside of the boot or a sheath on the blade itself, actually I haven’t worn a pair of boot that would conceal a knife since the Fry square toe boots with the leather straps across the instep and around the back of the heel were in fashion. Forget the name of them now.

Back