• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sign The Petition To Save Goex

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to sign it,,,, but,,, does anyone really think it will do any good?
These aren't people running for reelection. It's a business. If they aren't making enough money to justify the plant's existence, due to shooters using foreign or fake products instead of real black powder made here in the U.S.A. then they will close the plant.
All our signatures will mean little to GO. After all they know how much powder they sell vs how much they make per pound vs cost of reopening plant.
I recently posted on how much we shoot. One shooter said he shoots about fifty pounds per year. Most were a lot less. GO has to be profitable
You can buy a .22 self loading rifle for about the price of a ML barrel. How come?
They sell a lot more .22s then ML barrel
Numbers vs cost is important

I'm going to sign it,,,, but,,, does anyone really think it will do any good?
These aren't people running for reelection. It's a business. If they aren't making enough money to justify the plant's existence, due to shooters using foreign or fake products instead of real black powder made here in the U.S.A. then they will close the plant.
Hogdon makes the fake manure only real made out of USA

The problem with Black powder manufacturing is that there will be mishaps.
A small static charge can set it off. In 2011 a thousand pounds went off.
Then this year a smaller fire. Other powders are safer to make. The liability
is huge. Just from shattered windows for miles around the costs are beyond.
These days with lawyers everywhere waiting to sue the business you have to
consider carefully. The Brand and factory is up for sale. Buyers will form a
special LLC or entity to buy Goex. Then with some stripped down insurance
and simple shell they can run the risks-- much easier than a Family business.
Look for buyers to produce in Mexico or Brazil to a stage and finish it here
maybe. We did it to ourselves. As a Society we file too many lawsuits for
often small reasons. With the legal liability as it is in America, making Black
powder is a business decision demanding caution. We all love Goex and OE,
but one manufacturing glitch can result in a generation of profits going up
in smoke. I signed the petition to show support for sport and brand--but
the issue here is liability.

The petition is very cute but a total waste of time. Want to make a difference? Instead of signing a petition, sign a contract to purchase 50,000 pounds of powder every month for the next 5 years. That is how you keep a business open.

Latest posts

Back