• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Email reply from Hodgdon ref Goex buyout

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
As of January 2, 2009 Hodgdon Powder Company purchased GOEX. We intend to make no changes in the location of manufacture nor in the personnel who manufacture GOEX. As the largest share of the GOEX production goes to the military and commercial applications, we have great expectations that sales will continue strong and the sporting market will benefit from the volume being produced.
Rest assured, we want GOEX to go on for another hundred years.

New Customer Service Hours: 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM Central Time, Monday through Thursday. For help during any other time, please visit the Reloading Data Center at www.hodgdon.com

For a complete listing of all rifle, pistol and shotshell reloading recipes for Hodgdon, IMR and Winchester Smokeless Propellants, go to www.hodgdon.com and use the Reloading Data Center

Mike Daly
Customer Satisfaction Manager
The Hodgdon Powder Company Family of Propellants:
Hodgdon Smokeless powders
Pyrodex Muzzleloading Propellants
Triple Seven Muzzleloading Propellants
IMR Smokeless Powders
Winchester Smokeless Powders

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmph.

I was hoping to see that they're continuing Goex' quiet effort to get the hazmat designation changed. Hodgdon is a lot bigger outfit and would seem to have more clout.

Sounds interesting! So we can perhaps purchase Goex bp in Germany too, because until now Goex didn't have a importer for its bp. But Hogdon has several here in Germany.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Call me a pessimist (an informed optimist), but I like to see a little competition.With none, the prices tend to increase, and if they have control and decide to discontinue a product, where do we turn.

The older I get, the less I like change :grin:

nw_hunter said:
Call me a pessimist (an informed optimist), but I like to see a little competition.With none, the prices tend to increase, and if they have control and decide to discontinue a product, where do we turn.

The older I get, the less I like change :grin:

I hear you...but the flip side is they may have been just about ready to go out of business altogether.

Time to stock up anyway...with the changes in Washington.
It's only a matter of time before Black Powder is a thing of the past.
Also I need a road trip to Maine while gas is still a bargain.
Buy as much as you can afford..It keeps for a long time

I called Powder Inc. this afternoon and ask them if they heard of any unforseen problems with the buyout and with any new Government regs. and the possibles with new regulations if any may happen. They said they didn't see any problems in the future of Goex as it stands or with new regs. as of now. :hmm: I guess we'll see.

Things sure have changed from the days when I used to take my empty GOEX can to the plant here in Springbrook and they used to fill it for a buck and a half!
'Course we don't miss the periodic explosions

Back