• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

shotgun chokes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely guarantee you can get chrome lined bores reamed to whatever diameter you need that is safe. Although retired, I am an English trained shotgun-maker. I had a specific set of reamers for use on chrome. Just find the right shop that has the ability. Turnbull Restorations is another one that comes to mind. Kirk Merrington in Kerrville, Texas and Stephen Hutton at Brittania Sporting Arms in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, maybe Charles Schneible at British Sporting Arms in Millbrook, NY. In California I'd ask Dale Tate at Camanche Hills Hunting Resort. He might not have a reamer for chrome but he can certainly refer you.

Back more than 6 years ago we charged $60 per barrel for steel and $95 for chrome lined. Of course, that has likely increased since then but it's not going to break the bank.

I would go ahead and try the gun out before cutting the barrels etc. I've been shootin a Pedersoli 20 gauge cyl/mod quite a lot for over a dozen years. Skeet, sporting, upland. The choke gives me no problem at all. The left barrel loads just fine (less so with the 12 bore with cyl/mod). Modified is only about .01 inches of constriction in 20 gauge. The Pedersoli balances well, and swings through nicely, although it's not light. Last I checked a new set of barrels ran over 80% of the cost of a whole new gun.

Back