• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SHOOTING BAGS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on the situation. If out on a day hunt I usually have the following items: Caps carried in a leather capper, powder measure, extra nipple and wrench, loading block preloaded with 5 patched balls, cleaning jag ,ball and patch pullers, extra patching and cleaning patch material, antler handled patch knife amd small bottle of moose milk.

I like to be prepared for the worst case scenario so I probably carry more than most. For what it's worth here is what I carry. Powder flask, #11 primer capper, pre lubed patches, ball bag, nipple charger, nipple wrench, spare nipple, patch worm, nipple pick, pipe cleaners, cleaning patches, small bottle of bore cleaner, and a Leatherman tool.

Only things required to service the gun and nothing that they didn't have in the 18th century.

A period compass would be the one exception.

I also take a barebones approach, but not so historically accurate:

- powder measure
- bag of lead balls
- shooting patches
- a few cleaning patches
- small container of moose milk
- vent pick
- three spare flints
- ball puller (screw for ramrod tip)
- patch worm
- a few "family" cards (like business cards, but with personal contact info)

If I have a problem that can't be solved by pulling the ball, replacing the flint, or swabbing the bore, I'm done for the day.

Don't have a bag for my smoothbore yet. It'll have some "shotgun" accessories not listed here.

Back