• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sharon Barrels?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacRob46

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Sharon rifle barrels, specifically .50 caliber? I am looking at one now. I have zero exprience with them and do not want to take any more of a chance than I have to. The barrel is supposed to be like new and I will have the option to return for a refund if I do not like it but do not want to waste my time if there are inherent problems. The company has been long out of business and I remember them well but just don't know of anyone who has used one.

Thanks for your help.

Back in the 70's and 80's Sharon barrels were THE barrel to beat. They just didn't get much better. If you got a gun with a Sharon barrel on it you knew it was going to shoot and shoot well.

Your right they were one of the best in that time frame. Very much like Douglas. I haven't heard much about them lately. Do you know what the vintage is of your barrel?

Geo. T.

I have a rifle with a Sharon barrel and it is a tack driver. Sharon made mighty fine barrels. If it is in good shape and has a good price, I would grab it up.

Latest posts

Back