• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

search for 'fire iron'

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
trying to find photos of a height adjustable 'fire iron' that is just an iron (steel) rod driven into the ground which has a platform on it that hangs by 2 contact points. the brackets are also made of round stock. it slides up and down and can be pivoted to either side.
can anyone point me to any info or link description?
I searched several pages here but no luck.

This isn't what you are looking for, it's an oil lamp rather than a fire iron, but maybe the mechanism will give you some ideas. It's easily, quickly and accurately adjustable and stays where you put it.

A little pressure on the spring steel curved piece, upper left in this last photo, releases the grip so you can raise, lower or pivot the lamp.

Spence

I made my swing grill.....but it's not for rendezvousing...It is heavy duty... the upright is 1 1/8 bar stock. I think I could stand on it without any problems.... It works great for cast iron cooking...When not in use I swing it out and use it as a work table, drink holder or foot rest....My cross bar and uprights are also heavy duty...I can sit on it without it bending....

Cost a lot less to build than what they sell for and mine will never wear out.... :grin:

I think I'm going to get some rebar, or round bar stock, cut two pieces for uprights about three feet high, then weld three inch pieces to that every three inches at a 45 degree angle, a crossbar will rest on these, and I think it will be cheaper than any of the other stuff I see. I just pound them into the ground like a stake. :v

I just welded pony horseshoes to the uprights, for the crossbar to slide through..

Don't use rebar....it is junk.

Use cold rolled round bar stock.

Back