• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Scottish Murdochs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scot mur

32 Cal
Reaction score
Looking for a Scottish Murdoch pistol can't seem to find any that's available recently tried several sites but all seem to say currently unavailable also interested in a boxlock pocket pistol pertaining to revolutionary war era seems they are discontinued any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

I did a cursory Google query and in less than 10 seconds found a Scottish Murdoch available!
3586_1.jpg

Good luck

Thanks for the info but this looks like a replica or imitation the ramrod is too short there's no vent pick or ramshorn buttplate I'm looking for a working/fireable Murdoch not a original but a good firing reproduction with no engraving a common man's gun any help is greatly appreciated thank you in advance

Thanks for the info but this looks like a replica or imitation the ramrod is too short there's no vent pick or ramshorn buttplate I'm looking for a working/fireable Murdoch not a original but a good firing reproduction with no engraving a common man's gun any help is greatly appreciated thank you in advance
What’s your price range?

Check with Loyalist Arms, or Military Heritage. I've had good luck with Loyalist.
Thank you for the advice but I already have both are saying unavailable so I asked them to put me on waiting list and no idea how long that will be

300- 500 I can buy a new one between that range eventually just have to wait a while was hoping to find someone who wanted to part with one sooner though
I have one that I bought from Dixie about thirty years ago that I’m thinking about selling. I got to take a few photos of it. Just shot it last month. 50 cal.

Really !! Interesting !! Id like to see some pics if you would post them I'd greatly appreciate your time and effort
This is mine. I've had it for 30+ years, bought from Dixie Gun Works.
I cleaned it last week, and now it hangs up at half-cock. I think the tumbler could be dressed so it wont do that but I don't have the time or interest since I dont shoot it much any more.

Attachments

• Murdoch  1.jpg
    Murdoch 1.jpg
    894 KB · Views: 0
  • Murdoch  2.jpg
    Murdoch 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Looking for a Scottish Murdoch pistol can't seem to find any that's available recently tried several sites but all seem to say currently unavailable also interested in a boxlock pocket pistol pertaining to revolutionary war era seems they are discontinued any help would be greatly appreciated thank you
That is an absolute fine looking Flintlock Pistol ;)
Smell the Smoke! It smells like "Perfume de la Freedom"

Just started happening ? What do you think causes this ? Too much wear maybe ?

Last edited:
Is the touch hole drilled out is it fireable ??
Yes I have shot this pistol many times, as I had said above. But since I cleaned it last week the sear catches the tumbler at the half-cock notch. Don't know why that just started happening. I may (or may not) work on it.

Attachments

• Murdoch 10.jpg
    Murdoch 10.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Back