• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sadie CVA 54 Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtman725

The Last Best place, MT
Reaction score
Well the final steps were to pick up a couple of taps, and finish the clean out screw, getting all the old rust and screw out, them the nipple hole as well. Just FYI the CVA clean out is 5mm-8 and the nipple is 6mm-1, freshened the threads right up.Hand rubbed three coats of the stock wax which is BEEs wax/BLO/Turpentine, in the in-letting as well. I can't think of anything left to do but range test her and make sure she's look in the right place. 20220410_170200.jpg20220410_170243.jpg20220410_170310.jpg

Last edited:
Well the final steps were to pick up a couple of taps, and finish the clean out screw, getting all the old rust and screw out, them the nipple hole as well. Just FYI the CVA clean out is 5mm-8 and the nipple is 6mm-1, freshened the threads right up.Hand rubbed three coats of the stock wax which is BEEs wax/BLO/Turpentine, intothe in-letting as well. I can't think of anything left to do but range test her and make sure she's look in the right place.View attachment 133330View attachment 133331View attachment 133332
Nicely done. I bought a CVA Mountain Rifle in .50 a few years ago and this year I'm going to make time to play with it a bit.

Min wax walnut, satin Min wax sealer, then hand rub with the Bs/BLO/T, 3 coats, wanted it soft but to bring out the color. Time will see if it last.

Well the final steps were to pick up a couple of taps, and finish the clean out screw, getting all the old rust and screw out, them the nipple hole as well. Just FYI the CVA clean out is 5mm-8 and the nipple is 6mm-1, freshened the threads right up.Hand rubbed three coats of the stock wax which is BEEs wax/BLO/Turpentine, in the in-letting as well. I can't think of anything left to do but range test her and make sure she's look in the right place.View attachment 133330View attachment 133331View attachment 133332
Beautiful!

Nice work. Does it have the "made in USA" barrel? I believe they were by far the best rifles CVA ever sold.

Nice work. Does it have the "made in USA" barrel? I believe they were by far the best rifles CVA ever sold.
I don't think any of the "Big Bore" Mountain Rifles came with made in USA barrels, I think they came along a bit later but could be wrong.

No I think you right FL, the 50 I have is made in USA, and it is better part together rifle, this ones a Spaniard, put I think it will shoot well.

The Spanish made some dang good barrels. My dad had the Big Bore 54 years ago and I did some good shooting with it.
A .54 cal. Big Bore C.V.A. was my first M.L. rifle. I bought it in the early eighties. The gun store owner had it on the wall and said it just wouldn't sell? For $200.00 and a thank you I walked out with it. It was a very accurate rifle and never failed me. I let a friend talk me out of it and I regret it to this day!

I've been looking for one for the last 3 months, last one I seen was on Gun Stabber it went for 631., plus shipping and tax's. then Sadie showed up here, nobody was interested. I got her for 375. including shipping. I was in. We're getting a late winter storm, or I would be out @ the range today. The last of the parts showed up yesterday from Deer Creek, just little stuff, new clean out screw, cap shield, nipple. She's good to go.

Back