• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sad day, in my opinion, for our forum

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Spence,

Sorry to see you leave the forum. I'm sure you have good reasons for doing so. Have always enjoyed your well thought out and usually very well documented information and opinions. We are all richer for having had your participation and we will miss it. Be well and remember there are few things as invigorating as the smell of black powder smoke in the morning. Hope you keep makin' smoke for many years to come.

It's been a pleasure my friend,
Dan
Twisted_1in66

New guy to forum here but no youngster either... I don't know Spence but it's always a big loss when an old timer retires; they forgot more than we know... but he must have his reasons.

New guy to forum here but no youngster either... I don't know Spence but it's always a big loss when an old timer retires; they forgot more than we know... but he must have his reasons.
Well said I totally agree has one of the old timers, to some members our history of the gun is not appreciated which makes one think is it worth while
Feltwad

Why does he not just post and tell us himself that he is leaving. Kinda like breaking up via text.

Don’t seem to specifically recall him. I too wonder he didn’t exit with an explanation but via another member. We must’ve done something really bad. I thought this was a first rate muzzleloader forum.

Don’t seem to specifically recall him. I too wonder he didn’t exit with an explanation but via another member. We must’ve done something really bad. I thought this was a first rate muzzleloader forum.

My original post was not an explanation of anything via me from Spence. He did not ask that I announce his leaving the forum nor his reason for doing so.

It's more like quietly walking out of a room you no longer enjoy the company in, without making a scene.
Daryl has best answer yet. Too many here know it all, and are always right and get pushy. I had to place one in the "BOX" for that very reason. Zonnie is missed as well, he put a fast stop to allot of BULLPOOPY before it took off. Spence thanks for what ya taught me (and the best lesson was NOT related t muzzleoading)!

Was Spence his screen name? I don't recall him but I only read certain types of posts for what I am interested in.

If someone could link his profile page I would appreciate it.

If someone could link his profile page I would appreciate it.
Here you go: Black Powder Notebook

And I too am very sad to hear that Spence will no longer be posting. I won’t say he WAS the best … because he IS the best!

‘All in one’ Spence was kind, helpful, informative, and humorous … and did so many MZL things that many of us could only wish for!

So in his honor, the best all of us can do is to “pay it forward” and continue in his fine tradition to help keep this wonderful pursuit of muzzleloading going!

At times, we may not all agree, so let’s all agree to be civil and ‘agree to disagree’ as gentlemanly like Spence showed us …

Here you go: Black Powder Notebook

And I too am very sad to hear that Spence will no longer be posting. I won’t say he WAS the best … because he IS the best!

‘All in one’ Spence was kind, helpful, informative, and humorous … and did so many MZL things that many of us could only wish for!

So in his honor, the best all of us can do is to “pay it forward” and continue in his fine tradition to help keep this wonderful pursuit of muzzleloading going!

At times, we may not all agree, so let’s all agree to be civil and ‘agree to disagree’ as gentlemanly like Spence showed us …
Yup, his website is great, I learned so much from it especially when I decoded to go down the smoothbore flintlock road, and still reference it.
To really get a grasp of Spence's value one must not only peruse his website, one should dig through the forum posts of his here and, if there is a way to find posts from the old Muzzleloading Life forum. His searchable archives are a treasure trove of period data in many forms. No description I give can do it justice. And his generosity with all that archived information is incomparable.

I understand his leaving, if my assumptions are even slightly correct, but will miss his input dearly.
Someone should archive his posts and topics, there is too much great content there to allow it to be scattered to the four winds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back