• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Roy's new Hudson Valley fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swamp Rat said:
I dunno...I'd send it back! And demand a nice thumb piece. :hmm: :haha:

:hmm: Yer right.
The lack of a thumbpiece is really a shame.
papy.gif

We can´t let our John Tice run around with such an incomplete gun.

On the other hand we can´t just throw it away, huh?
I´d make the martyr and take that incomplete one... :wink: :haha:

Good Lord that's a nice gun! :bow: Now I'm inspired to get mine started...I've had the barrel for 11 years, and it's been in a piece of wood for 3 years....I guess I have no more excuses.... :haha:

John, I was over at the Stroh shop yesterday where Roy and I were working on my gun. In between task Roy asked me to put a little wax on your fowler. Of course I could'nt turn that down. :) So I got to put my hands all over it and I have to say it really is a unique and beautiful piece! I liked everything about the gun and it all flows together nicely. Wait til you see up close the details of the ramrod pipes, entry thimble and sideplate. I'm sure Roy would tell ya that ain't an easy thing to pull off. Congrats to you and Roy for a well thought out and executed piece. :thumbsup:

I'm goin' out back and start a fire and burn all my guns!!!! That shootin' arn is just fantastic Roy!! There's not enough words for that kind of talent.
Dusty

:haha: no need for that :haha:

Thanks for the fine compliments :hatsoff:

Here you go Swampy, she's done now and boxed up :haha: I had been thinking a nice plump Germanic heart might go nice on the wrist, great job Roy, as always :thumbsup:

S6300564.jpg

:hmm: Looks like you didn´t agree with my plan to give me the "incomplete" and grab a new one with thumbpiece... :haha:

Hm, X-mas won´t be that nice now. No fowler underneath the tree. :(
Well, there´s always a need for another pair of socks, huh? :grin:

Anyway, nice thumbpiece! :thumbsup:

Back