• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Roy's new Hudson Valley fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Tice

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Roy is just putting the final touches on my new fowler. I have to say that I am simply blown away with the job he did. I can’t say enough good things about Roy or his guns. I’ve always admired these Hudson Valley fowlers and after shooting flinters for 20 years I thought it was time to get one and shoot it. Roy, you did an awesome job and thanks for all the hard work :thumbsup: (by the way, he did the trigger, thimbles, front sight, and sideplate himself too)

S6300519.jpg

S6300528.jpg

S6300537.jpg

S6300535.jpg

S6300532.jpg

S6300531.jpg

S6300525.jpg

S6300521.jpg

S6300518.jpg

S6300514.jpg

Its drawn from a few, the time period we're going for is 1730s-1750s. Yeh, its just a tad on the long side. I really want to see how these handle for myself. It doesn't even weigh 10 pounds. The barrel is 55" and its a .69. Total length is 72 1/2" (taller than me). The stock is maple and the lock is a Davis. The butt plate and trigger guard are from The Rifle Shop.

you`ll love this gun.I bought a small version of a Hudson Bay fowler Roys Dad made

No wonder Roy's been kinda quiet. He's been busy inlettin that barrel. :grin:

Very nice looking fowler. Well done Roy. :thumbsup: GW

:shocked2:

It´s getting harder and harder for me to find proper words. :surrender:
Everytime I see the pics of a new piece of Stroh-art I think he can´t get better anymore. :nono:

Well, and then I see the pics of the next gun he made... :haha:

Very cool! :thumbsup:
Man, that's a lotta barrel! :shocked2: Yer gonna hafta sew 2 gun cases together...

John,

I held this rifle in Roy's shop when it was in the white and couldnt believe the balance and the light weight of it. Roy definitely does nice work!
:v

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.

I'm really looking forward to joining the Roy Stroh gun owners club myself! :bow: Top notch.

Sure hope you let us all know how she shoots.

Latest posts

Back