• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RI hunting regulations

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artie Peltier

40 Cal.
Reaction score
The new 2014/15 hunting regulations for the state of RI are available on line at The RI DEM page. It will list the seasons, type gun, caliber, powder and approved bullet for black powder use. This year as in precious years you will be able to take small game and deer. If your coming in from out of sate read all the rules carefully! Any questions feel free to email me. Art

If your coming in from out of sate read all the rules carefully! Any questions feel free to email me. Art

Hey, Art, how many of us can you fit into that itty bitty state? :haha:

The King Ranch is larger than Rhode Island. I had a brother that lived in Rhode Island, said there actually were deer there.

For a small state RI has. Huge deer population! It's gotten so bad,or good, the state has opened up the watershed property,completely off limits to anything for hunting! Even state and private land is loaded. Not uncommon to seen them running down side streets in residential areas too. Sometimes small is good :grin:

I was just funning :grin: , I hear neighboring Connecticut harvests more deer in total than the much larger Vermont and New Hampshire. Many years ago I was in Connecticut driving into the Big Apple and saw 2 or 3 deer right near the State Line, couldn't believe it.

The tough part is obtaining permission on private land in the Ocean State. Most of the deer in Rhode Island are shot on private land. I want to say that the success rate for muzzleloading in RI is close to 30 percent or better.

Bear in mind most of New England has a success rate in the 10 to 15 percent range.

If you have a spot of private land you have an excellent chance of getting a deer and according to the NE Big Bucks Club, Rhode Island produces the most record muzzleloading bucks in New England.

I hunted down ther a few years back, we had some small pieces of private land and it was great!
Bigger is not always better.
Nit Wit

Back