• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replacement Springs Needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a keepsake gun that I would to repair for my brother-in-law. It is a double barrel, 36 caliber pistol, called "Snake eyes" way back when. Both hammer springs are broken, and replacements are not available. I tried making new ones, but that was unsuccessful.

Does anyone know where I might find some generic springs that I could cut down to fit?

Any other ideas?

I already have way more time into this thing than it's worth, but I would like to get it fixed for him.

20231213_132241.jpg
20231213_132324.jpg
20231213_161532.jpg

I already have way more time into this thing than it's worth, but I would like to get it fixed.
Hah!! Been there done that, on various multiple guns. Sorry, can't offer useful advice, just empathy. I could list my guns that ended up as "parts guns" or even "junked" but won't do that, as it's not helpful. Just keep on trying 'til all options have been tried, and it's obviously a lost cause. Good luck!!

It works again!

The parts (2 springs and 2 nipples) arrived today. As long as I had the pistol apart I polished it up, then put it back together. My brother-in-law was very happy to get the news and pictures, and I told him I would send it to him tomorrow.
20231218_204704.jpg
20231218_204752.jpg

Attachments

• 20231218_204815.jpg
    20231218_204815.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 0
No, I didn't really want to shoot it. No sights, and smooth bore, so I don't think it would be that interesting to shoot.

I might get a chance to shoot it the next time I see them, maybe next summer.

Latest posts

Back