• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rogers & Spencer hand spring

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernbar

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Have shot several hundred rounds in my R&S pistol without any issues. Yesterday at the range I noticed the cylinder not rotating now and then when cocking. Got home stripped it for cleaning and reassembled but still doing the same now and then. I believe this is due to a weak hand spring. I have been searching the Internet for a replacement and looks like S&S is the only one carrying it but shows out of stock. I will call them on Monday to see if they can still restock it. Have heard of the Bobby pin repair method so any ideas?

I have used bobby pins twice to repair broken hand springs on two different BP revolvers. Both repairs worked perfectly, and never needed to be re-done.

I have used bobby pins twice to repair broken hand springs on two different BP revolvers. Both repairs worked perfectly, and never needed to be re-done.
I carefully widened the spring just a tad using 2 needle nose pliers and it seems to be working fine, at least for now. If it fails then your method will be next.

Back