• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rendezvous shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoyoteJoe

70 Cal.
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed the rendezvous competitions, Knife & Hawk throwing and best of all SHOOTING.
At the Como rendezvous this year I managed to take first in the trail walk and second in smoothbore, proving once again that shooting is the one sport where an old fart can still be competitive. :haha:
ComoShoot2012.jpg

While it has been a few years since I won any events, I still enjoy the smell of the smoke! :idunno:

Nice shooting!!! CJ.
Thats encouraging as I age by the minute :grin:
Looking forward to more and more shooting.

GOOD FOR YOU!!

My first love was shooting trail walks, off hand, at Rendezvous. That is what got me into muzzleloading. Casual but serious shooting with friends, a little gentle teasing and joking on the trail. Winning isn't everything but it's nice to place now and then.

What smoothbore were you using? Did you shoot on the same trail/targets as the Rifle walk?

That's my smoothbore in the photo, a Bucks County smoothrifle, .54 caliber. I set up the smoothbore course, it was five shots with ball and five clay birds. I tied for first but lost out on the tie breaker, my dog barked just as I was squeezing off that shot and I yanked the trigger. :haha: How's that for an excuse?

Back