• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103
Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was hot today for early set up. Thanks to our Gemmer members for their time
Yes, sir it was I just went to set up a half camp and will finish in the morning but I'm tellin' you it was brutally hot. I feel for the guys that where there Wednesday and today. It takes more dedication to do that than I have for sure, my hats off to the Gremmer club.

Several camps going on this weekend in various areas , all of which have been extremely hot in the last few days..
My hats off too all those who brave the heat..
Y’all just keep an eye on each other & the weather…
It looks as if thunder storms are forming in Mo. at the moment…🥴

After all what’s a good rendezvous without some excessive heat and a strong storm or two….

5B11B8D0-DB6B-49AD-8698-FD4A7DA5BAE9.jpeg

F6EC1FD2-DFA2-41B7-88B8-7B13CC4101EF.jpeg

The weather at the Classic was horrible, it went from 104 degrees on Friday to a monsoon on Saturday Visitors were far and few between.
Can't say it was the worst event I've ever attended but not far from it.

Yeah, 104 degrees on Friday. Then the monsoon on Saturday that made a lake of the rifle and archery ranges and ran rivers through most of the camps. Sunday the temperatures were in the 70's and positively freezing.

Well, the display of the rifles was spectacular.

Next year the Classic will be in September.

Mrs BPMS & I attend the 2023 Classic. The weather reached 106F on Friday. There were a few shooters at the range, but, for the most part, everyone enjoyed each other's company under the shade. I walked around to get all the fun on camera possible. I did take the opportunity to shoot the 11 pound Hawken original rifle.

Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 5.51.54 PM.png

When we arrived Saturday morning....the rain was starting to wind up with a massive T-storm arriving by 10am. That storm shut down the range most of the day. The below pic was taken about an hour after the heaviest rain quit. The water was a lot deeper than that.

Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 5.55.46 PM.png

I managed to "interview" 2 of the organizers...they were talking about how this event got started and the future of the event in 2024 and 2025:

Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 10.00.37 PM.png

I will post a full report on video this coming Sunday morning.

Last edited:
Thanks, Mark, for the report. On a weekend where we had record heat, all that water, then cool weather to chill things out, it was quite the weekend. The seminars were great. The exhibit of the Plains Rifles and Missouri guns was superb. The few vendors were quality vendors.

After all of the weather setbacks, man I miss Rendezvous!

Last edited:
Here is the highlight of the event this was Sunday evening when there were only three camps left.
Ya gotta love this one.
Well, the site says the file is too large to download.
anywho just as the sun was setting a vintage B-29 and P-51 flew over at about 500 feet, We could hear them coming way before they were in sight

Here is the highlight of the event this was Sunday evening when there were only three camps left.
Ya gotta love this one.
Well, the site says the file is too large to download.
anywho just as the sun was setting a vintage B-29 and P-51 flew over at about 500 feet, We could hear them coming way before they were in sight
WOW...that would have been VERY cool to see.....!!

Thanks, Mark, for the report. On a weekend where we had record heat, all that water, then cool weather to chill things out, it was quite the weekend. The seminars were great. The exhibit of the Plains Rifles and Missouri guns was superb. The few vendors were quality vendors.

After all of the weather setbacks, man I miss Rendezvous!
I'm not sure what we did last weekend was a rendezvous. I lean more to the primitive side of those with less rules and politics.
It was interesting though.

I have to say I had a good time. Due to personal situations, my "good" outfits were all packed two states away. Nevertheless I dressed casually, and comfortably, and was very pleased that the nitpicking stitch counters didn't exist at this particular event.
I learned a lot, and truly enjoyed listening to each of the speakers on Saturday. I enjoyed the fact it was a learning adventure and not a competition. Yes I missed some things because of the rain, but I also didn't have to fight any crowds. It was very comfortable for me and my adopted grandson who was with me. I look forward to attempting to make the event next year. Might even get to shoot, if my powder is dry.

Ms. BPMS and I attended the 2nd of 4 of the Hawken Classic events being held at the Boone home in Defiance Missouri.
We had obligations at home, so, we had to use Sunday as a drive day to get home.
Below is a full report of Friday & Saturday activities.......

Latest posts

Back