• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103
Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to attend again this year.
My bride & I will be there Friday & Saturday with cameras in tow.
Looking forward to it!

For those that couldn't attend last year, below is a small glimpse of what happened :

Thanks Mark! Please be sure to get the MO state rifle ceremony on Saturday at 4pm at the pavilion. 2 House Representatives will be getting plaques and then going to the range for photo opportunities shooting the original Hawken and Bob Browners Hawken. Thanks!

I sure would like to attend, but won't be able to

What is the steel course of fire?

07-119-076 FR R1.jpg

Looking forward to attend again this year.
My bride & I will be there Friday & Saturday with cameras in tow.
Looking forward to it!

For those that couldn't attend last year, below is a small glimpse of what happened :

I'm surprised that your camera still works after the video of my mug on it.... 🤣

Got the wood delivered yesterday right at 2 cords of well-seasoned oak. I've made a few changes to my schedule for the event, I was going to set up Thursday and stay but considering it will be over 100 degrees I think I'll just set up the tents leave my trailer there, and come back Friday morning. I only live 30 minutes away and see no reason to sit there swithering all day Thursday.

IMG_20230820_161050154[2552].jpg

Thanks for bringing the wood, @andy52. I'll probably be sweltering as I set up Wednesday to be there for those that set up on Thursday.
You welcome, this wood should be a little better than last years. I'll see you there Thursday my plan is to set up close to where the wood pile is and back my trailer up on the lot right by my camp so I can finish setting up Friday morning.

Got the wood delivered yesterday right at 2 cords of well-seasoned oak. I've made a few changes to my schedule for the event, I was going to set up Thursday and stay but considering it will be over 100 degrees I think I'll just set up the tents leave my trailer there, and come back Friday morning. I only live 30 minutes away and see no reason to sit there swithering all day Thursday.

View attachment 246695

Thanks Mark! Many plan on getting there early on Thursday before it heats up. The park said they will open the gate at 7:30am but if you get there earlier than that, they will have the combo lock on as of Wednesday evening. So just let yourself in.

Thanks Mark! Many plan on getting there early on Thursday before it heats up. The park said they will open the gate at 7:30am but if you get there earlier than that, they will have the combo lock on as of Wednesday evening. So just let yourself in.
I went way to early yesterday with the wood figuring I could get it there before it got to hot, nope the place was all locked up and had to come back later in the day....;)

The plan is
I wish I could attend. My employer would disagree. I hope in 7 years this will still be an event.
The plan is in 2025 it will be over. You need to explain to your employer that your lumbago is bothering you and you need to have a couple days off.

Mine hurts just reading this.

Oh, and if ya build a fire with oak in August in MO then yer in need of a check up, head Dr ya know. I would think inflatable pool stations every hundred yards more in line with the MO weather I have expeineced. Then maybe do a fire a flintlock after a dunking competition? LOL. I stay the heck away from MO in the summer. I met ya west of Texas about anytime, as long as the shade works I'm good.

Mine hurts just reading this.

Oh, and if ya build a fire with oak in August in MO then yer in need of a check up, head Dr ya know. I would think inflatable pool stations every hundred yards more in line with the MO weather I have expeineced. Then maybe do a fire a flintlock after a dunking competition? LOL. I stay the heck away from MO in the summer. I met ya west of Texas about anytime, as long as the shade works I'm good.
The oak is for cookin' certainly won't need it for heat..:) It's supposed to cool off a bit by the weekend though.
Thursday 100+ with 80+ humidity.

Latest posts

Back