• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Remington arms .45 pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleynut

40 Cal
Reaction score
Any history buffs here that might be able to tell me anything about my pistol

Attachments

• 20220322_121931.jpg
    20220322_121931.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 20220322_121925.jpg
    20220322_121925.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 33
Nice looking gun, looks like a European style target pistol or a more modern reproduction of one. The marking is curious, Remington was primarily a barrel maker in their early days. Not sure if they sold locks as a component along with their barrels though I believe some of their later military rifle locks were marked in a similar fashion Expanded into rifle manufacture and percussion revolvers later. All of their non revolver type pistols that I know of were cartridge guns and outside the venue of this forum.

The gun in the pics looks almost new or heavily cleaned and polished, perhaps someone added the Remington name to it for their own reasons? Could it be a reused or old component lock. Did the modern Remington company ever consider offering a muzzle loading pistol, perhaps as a nostagia piece? Curious. Any knowledge on where or who the gun in question came from? Are there any marks on the barrel? Perhaps on the underside. Might go a long way to clarify what exactly we are looking at here.

Back