• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loyalist Arms vs. Veteran Arms flintlock pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never bought anything from Veteran but I can’t praise loyalist enough
Ethan at 11 Bang Bang channel has had real good luck with veteran
You do have to drill your own touch hole
Loyalist drills for you and goes over the gun
I bought 2 or 3 muskets from Veterans, and the touchhole was drilled. That was a few years ago. Veteran Arms also "goes over the gun", and if you contact them, they will detail all that they do. These companies have been in business for a long time, and would not have been had there been any real major problems with their products or services. Middlesex Village has a statement on their site with lots of interesting info on their practices and history. I just happen to be a fan of the India-made stuff, even though I only have one now, an older Bess the was once the property of a guy who did the Washington impression at the 'Crossing the Delaware' event every Christmas Eve. Veteran was very helpful the couple times I talked on the phone or mailed them. I would be leery of trying to order a musket from Canada, though. I hear bad things about the shipping/customs stuff.

I bought 2 or 3 muskets from Veterans, and the touchhole was drilled. That was a few years ago. Veteran Arms also "goes over the gun", and if you contact them, they will detail all that they do. These companies have been in business for a long time, and would not have been had there been any real major problems with their products or services. Middlesex Village has a statement on their site with lots of interesting info on their practices and history. I just happen to be a fan of the India-made stuff, even though I only have one now, an older Bess the was once the property of a guy who did the Washington impression at the 'Crossing the Delaware' event every Christmas Eve. Veteran was very helpful the couple times I talked on the phone or mailed them. I would be leery of trying to order a musket from Canada, though. I hear bad things about the shipping/customs stuff.

Last i heard loyalist arms parts out their guns in two shipments, the lock and the rest so they can maneuver Canadian and US around gun shipment laws.

Personally i think thats very risky given the current status of how poor the shipping system has become.

Long Island, Boston, Newark and Houston are notorious for losing packages because of the pawn shops that promote the stolen merchandise economy.

In some cases using an FFL to ship something has its benefits, secure mail is one of them.

Last i heard loyalist arms parts out their guns in two shipments, the lock and the rest so they can maneuver Canadian and US around gun shipment laws.

Personally i think thats very risky given the current status of how poor the shipping system has become.

Long Island, Boston, Newark and Houston are notorious for losing packages because of the pawn shops that promote the stolen merchandise economy.

In some cases using an FFL to ship something has its benefits, secure mail is one of them.
Around where I live, pawn shops are not common, and there would not be anything of interest in them anyway. Must be just in certain parts of the country. Would love to spy a nice muzzleloader in one!

Update: decision made

Today I ordered a Sea Service pistol from Loyalist. Three to four months backlog for the prep-work, but they are available. I've been so very impressed with their customer service so far, that I probably would have bought their gun regardless of price anyway.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back