• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ramrod won't fit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Son

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Went to put the ramrod in and it wont go through,the screws stickin thorough the brass shafts just a tad much,can i rat tail file them boogers!??

Yeah, but the trouble is the wood on the inside of the channel that is supposed to support the screw head is getting bad,,
,, the screw isn't too long, it's screwed into the wood too far.

check it into a drill and sand it on low speed till it fits. then use 0000 steel wool the same way

I went ahead a sliced it in half length wise on my bandsaw,fits great now~~~ :blah:

It has the brass pinned in thing on the end,i'll just take it apart again and i have some tiny rubber washer seals i'll pop in there,or how about cut an intertube and seal the area between barrel and wood?

Could you explain it a bit more? Are you talking about a screw on the end of the ramrod (brass tip) or some type of screw used to attach a ramrod pipe to the stock?

He's working on a CVA Kentucky, the forward thimbles are attached to the stock with a single screw that goes through a hole in ramrod channel and screws directly into the thimble.

Chief,
Sure some kind of washer,, I'd cover the underside of the hole (outside) with some tape then fill the hole and surrounding area with epoxy, let it set then re-drill the hole.
That will help add some substance to the wood again (stabilize?)

Sounds like a good idea :) Just had to go get six stitches in my finger,don't ask it was really stupid :doh: Good thing my wife is boss at a medical center :slap:

Come on you can't do that! Garbage disposal? Lawn mower? Razourblade in the cookie jar?

Oh man, Chief, that's awful. You OK? That kind of thing really puts you off your feed. One time I was shaking my hands dry in the sink and slammed a finger into a serated knife sitting in it -- I was a little too animated and it was very sharp, only stopping when it hit bone. No stitches and didn't really hurt, but, "oh no -- what did you just do to yourself? And look at all the blood!"

:shocked2:

What'd YOU do!?

Well if he's like me it's just cause I'm a Klutz!

There are some of us out here that can tell you the last time we had a tetanus shot, mines current, I'm good till 2017.

Geeze Louise, Chief, gotta remember where the sharp stuff is! O.K., I confess, two of the worst finger cuts I've ever done to myself were:
1) Talking to wife and sharpening a kitchen knife on a "V-stick" sharpener...hit top corner and Yikes!
2) Cutting plastic sip-strip off pipe used a ham as radio antenna...cut toward me instead of away and Yikes!

Lotta 'yikes' in my life! I have the scars to match!!:rotf:

CVA, say no more. One way to tighten, the thimble up, is to place it on a metal shaft, and peen the brass back down. Of course, the correct size screw is needed. Am I on the right track? I had no idea, about what was being discussed until you said CVA, and I'm still not sure.

I'm still afraid to play with my belly button on fear that i will pop it and fly around the room!!
Ups delivery,grabbed the sissors that were close,opened them up used one blade to cut tape,turned the box to cut ends and grabbed the othe blade stuck the tape and PULLED!!!!YEEEEDADFLAKINSNAKLEFRACKSNAKEBITENRACKFRACKER!!!!!
652-?????
Honey i;ll be there in a minute..
WHY?

Oh it's a Jukar,epoxy sounds like the way to go..

I think I was about ten when my mother showed me how to sew stitches, use to practice on caluses on my hands.
well at least you weren't running with those scissors.

bpd303 said:
Yep...at one point in my life I carried condoms in my wallet, now it's band aids. :haha:

Yeah? Think that's sad!? At least you carried condoms at some point!

Back