• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rabbit hunting and gear

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I
Is not easy finding hunting dogs.

I found a beagle breeder not to far... hunting. pets and show advertising...
Waiting list too... 2500 bucks. Fake for sure. I don't think they even hunt.

The other place I found is real good sounding. Is allot better for the right prices.. the guy had allot of info hunting and all. Said I can call him anytime with questions and been doing it since he was 14 and sold over 100,000 beagles running rabbit.

Who would you buy a hunting beagle from I would not buy from either one go to Rabbitdogs.net and look around join and ask questions and never buy any hunting dog without seeing it in action at least 2 times or get a trial period to run the dog and if not happy get a full refund

There's this mesh backpack also..

I don't know if that's a good idea or not so good..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240512_155449_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240512_155449_Chrome.jpg
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm using the ten gauge.

I do think I'm downloading a little though..I havnt got that far yet.

Just about to try and find rabbit loads.. any suggestions?

He Trigger, a great gun for that little girl to start is the ole RedRyder. It’s very light and you can dry fire it without hurting it. It will be her first Practice Muzzleloader!

He Trigger, a great gun for that little girl to start is the ole RedRyder. It’s very light and you can dry fire it without hurting it. It will be her first Practice Muzzleloader!
Right..

We got her the light blue stock one last year.
She can't pull the trigger...

she can't see right handed. i was Explaining line the sights up etc and she was all i can't.. so switch sides and she could see.

Dry fire is a good idea.

I started my Grandkids boy and girl at about 6years old with the RR. It’s a great starter because of the features mentioned plus with that spring operated system it produces a little recoil or kick. Just enough so they feel it when pulling the trigger. They both have started going all the time with us now and aren’t shy when asked if they want to shoot. I have a .32 Cherokee we plan on having them try before this fall. If they do well with that may have to start the search for a small Fowler!

I started my Grandkids boy and girl at about 6years old with the RR. It’s a great starter because of the features mentioned plus with that spring operated system it produces a little recoil or kick. Just enough so they feel it when pulling the trigger. They both have started going all the time with us now and aren’t shy when asked if they want to shoot. I have a .32 Cherokee we plan on having them try before this fall. If they do well with that may have to start the search for a small Fowler!
There is a cva Brittany .410 for sale.

If your thinking anything like that. Buy that now you don't see them come around often.

Is gone now.. gun broker.. I was a little surprised to see it

I'm keep an eye out though. There hard to find

A gun that's a lithe big for them is good to... a little.

Is hate to spend that much money for a .410 you know..

There's no where to try out a 20ga.. before you buy I think.. it would be nice to put the money there if they grow into it..

I have a set of 410 Brittany barrels and tang to build one yourself it is new old stock if you are interested pm me for more info

Any tips on catching the beagle when your ready to go..

The old man I hunted with left them out there.. we went back hours after dinner and they were on the blanket.

going to stress me for a while until I get used to the routine

I'm thinking GPS tracker.

Any tips on catching the beagle when your ready to go...

My 2 uncles ran dogs . They had them trained to cow horns, to come jump in the truck pen to go, and then to come back to the truck to go home.

They wouldn't tolerate a dog that didn't get with the program. Uncle S had a b_tch cur that would always be the last in and run from you and not jump in. In a fit of anger, well you know. He always regretted that later, not out of humaneness, but because of the loss of his $$ investment lol. These were not sissy woke dudes.

Last edited:
Had 3 beagles , deer dogs. My wife hated them. one day a deer walked thru our pastute and somehow they escaped the kennel they still must be chasing that deer 45 yrs ago

Yep, they kept them in pens also. These dogs were not pets. When they were out of the pen they were howling rockets in the briars lol. They would cull out the one's like yours (no offense). It took a while.

Last edited:
Wow.. I didn't realize the tracking collars price..

My wife's not going to allow this without one I think.

My dogs both outside inside.. mostly outside all day though.

The German pointer is a bomb around the house. She knocks my daughter over all the time on purpose. She grabs everything. Socks shoes toys everything..

I let her hang out with me in the basement everyday.

Back