• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Question on novels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinStar

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anyone read any of the Colonial Frontier or the French and Indian War novels; both series being written by author Joseph A. Altsheler???

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

I haven't read them yet but they get good reviews on Amazon, especially for stories written almost a century ago. Many of them are available, free, on Kindle and Nook. Also, both Kindle and Nook have "The Complete Works of Joseph Altsheler" for three bucks. If you end up enjoying his writing, you might want to try the complete works version. Supposedly, it has been optimized for an e-reader.

Thanks for mentioning his books.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply. I just love the feel of a real book and I don't have a Kindle. Then after a while I can donate them to the local Four County library system. Hopefully some young person may take an interest.

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

I thought that about kindles. Then my wife gave me one. Now smaller then a cheap paperbak I haveall of heroditist and joshephus,multi books by churchel, schoolcraft, lots of modren histoians and jornals. I even have all the pat mcmanus books,aand some fun novels and cook books. They are amazing.

Back