• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Excellent haversack by Dave Hasler Art!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Link = Frontier Hunting Bags

Wow, what an artist! While he sells 'stock' bag from his website, I had asked him for a certain striped front panel, a particular weave strap at a certain length, and then for a painted "Join or Die" logo, that ol' Ben Franklin himself coined. In 1754, commenting on the disunity of the 13 fledging Colonies during the French and Indian War, Ben came up with this as a political cartoon. The saying and logo (if you will) was later used to encourage the Colonies to unite for the cause of independence during the American Revolutionary War.

For the Haversack - Well made, stout sewing, all attachments parts reinforced. The bag itself has a liner with two pockets positioned at the top on the inside back-side of the bag, about 4-1/2" deep each. I love the artwork and feel like a got a tremendous 'custom' piece at a really fair price! Most of his painted bags, in various styles and patterns, run < $100. Dave also takes commissioned work.

Please check him out! You won't be disappointed!

Note - His artwork also includes period Frontier prints, but artwork from WW1 and WW2. I looked at some, like a scene from the siege of Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge, and it is AWESOME!

HSack1.jpeg
HSack2.jpeg
HSack3.jpeg
HSack4.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back