• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pyrography on a gun stock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering that firearms have been customized by (or for) owners from @Flint62Smoothie 's arquebus sighting through brass tacks through trench art to rattlecan rifles to pink ARs, I'd say the chances that someone never did are pretty slim.

For the traditionalists here, doesn't scorching wood to simulate tiger stripe figure flirt with pyrographic art?

That said, the lack of recorded examples indicates it either never caught on or that those that were done did not inspire awe...

It's your rifle, do with it as you'd like! Practice, try to make it well-proportioned and tasteful, matbe research some of the motifs of the same era as the rifle's design, and make it your own. Just be aware that one man's customization is another man's "whaaa??" and be prepared to hang on to it.

This is funny. For the past week I've been researching and practicing woodburning with intent to do a tasteful Texas wildflower motif on my cherry Woodsrunner. Carving just won't produce what I want. I didn't mention it here because I think it would finally drive Mr. Numb the rest of his short trip to the funny farm......especially if I burned the designs and then watercolored and sealed them before staining and finishing the rest of the stock.

I really like what I have worked out but am having second thoughts since the rifle is so nice plain.

I've been playing with it on leather. Can't say that my results are that great but then again my hand skills at anything are weak. I think a person who has carving skills would do equally well at pyrography.

Latest posts

Back