• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pyrodex?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters
Unless they changed the recipe, it has a short shelf life once opened. I bought some years ago, tried it a few times, went back to Goex, let it sit. Ran low of BP, dug out the Pyrodex, it was like using a pop gun. Was shooting at 100 yards, I had my sights set for 100 yards, bullet hit almost 3 feet low. I set sights for 400 yards, got on paper. Really glad I tested it at the range before hunting.
Black powder, OTOH, has No Shelf Life, living forever, if kept properly.

Curious where this was. In the Dallas/Fort Worth area, there are the BP substitutes everywhere on the shelf. Wednesday, walked in the local toy store to pick a bottle right off the shelf. The closest BP that I found is in the Wichita Falls area at 2.4 hours of good driving just to get there. 😒
But such a lovely drive.... lol. Actually, once in the Post Oaks it's very nice, and covered in deer.

This is an Interesting discussion and poll.
But, I'm certain most of you know the mere mentioning of making Black Powder is completely and totally forbidden, as stated in Rule #42.
Also, please keep all political discussions in the appropriate Supporting Member's section, as set out in rule #17.

Play Ball!!!

Back