Triple 7 / Pyrodex Have tried it?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Reaction score
Never tried Triple 7 but have some pyrodex.
Black is for ml. Period
Except when I have to deal with facts on the ground. I’ve got some and can shoot it in my real guns( flint locks)
I clean it by the same rules I clean black, ie: don’t have an emergency till after my guns are clean, cause I’m tied up right now.
Don’t ever put off cleaning and the devils ml powder won’t do you no harm

I think there may be many shooters who use the subs because of a perception that cleaning after subs is not urgent.

Bill Knight (the Mad Monk) warned against this practice due to the presence of perchlorates. Apparently the corrosive properties of perchlorates is quite insidious.

Reaction score
Bill Knight (the Mad Monk) warned against this practice due to the presence of perchlorates. Apparently the corrosive properties of perchlorates is quite insidious.

i like Bill Knight. But he was wrong on this one. The residue of potassium perchlorate is not very corrosive.

BTW: All of the BP substitutes, including Black Horn 209, contain potassium perchlorate; because it's a cheap and very good method of boosting puissance. Only Pyrodex is seriously corrosive, that's because of an ingredient not found in the other BP substitutes.

Reaction score
I think there may be many shooters who use the subs because of a perception that cleaning after subs is not urgent.

When P came out that was infact told to me the shop owner where I first saw it. This was a dedicated ml shop, that’s all he sold was ml guns and gear