• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pyrodex...will somebody please explain?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Wilson said:
Capper said:
It's best if I don't post anymore.
This appears to be your second to the last, "last post". How can we miss you, when you won't go away? :rotf:

Nothing you say is that funny.

I never said "this is my last post". You can't seem to understand anything.

So, for guys like you. I'll make it crystal clear.

This is my last post.

Now you can all hump each others legs.

Thanks, once again Jack...

You've done more to trainwreck this forum than Carl Davis...who got banned for this manure.

Wait a minute...maybe you haven't figured out yet that....

Everyone left here, pretty much figure you two are one in the same..... :barf:

Capper, I don't know you and you don't know me;but you remind me of my dad. Sometimes I don't always agree with what he says or how he says it,and yes, I think he sticks his foot in his mouth sometimes;but that doesn't mean I don't want him around any more,or to hear his opinion, so get back here.

Hey, If they don't wanna play nice with the other kids, they can take their toys and go home.
no skin off anyones p'tuuty,
Actually if you put Wilson and Capper on ignore this 29 page thread is only 21, one or two more and it'd probably be only 12! Beyond page 3 it's been nothing but new guys blowin hot air at each other over a topic thats as old as this forum. All of'm too stubburn to just accept that people have different ideas, :idunno: :shake: :youcrazy:
:dead:

Well around here Goex is only about $18 a pound and Pyro and other fakes are all well over 22 a pound.

Have shot both, have no problem with either, just prefer Holy Black, no real reason, just do. Guess same reason I shoot traditional MLs, modern suppository rifles shoot farther and all that other stuff, but I just prefer the smell of a good traditional ML.

Capper said:
I pay $111 for 5lbs shipped to my door in 3 days.

Lets not exaggerate what it costs.
This is on page 1 of "Pyrodex, will someone please explain?", 11/20/10, post #917238.

What do you want explained Herb?

That's what I pay if I buy just 5 lbs.

If I buy a case it's $14 lb.

Buying just 5lbs I get charged shipping and Hazmat. Buying a case I don't.

Why are you dragging this up again?

Herb......lets compare apples to apples. Instead of shipping one and buying the other one from a store.

If you lived near Graf & Son you would buy T7 for $21.39, and their brand (Schuetzen) for $13.99.

So, lets not kid ourselves that the subs are cheaper.

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned is that nobody is listing a price for the subs by the case. They quote Goex by the case, and a sub by single pound from the store. Apples and oranges.

This is one of those eterna threads.
12 pages!, take all day to read it all and try and figure out how all the various comments relate to each other.

R.M. said:
One thing that I don't think has been mentioned is that nobody is listing a price for the subs by the case. They quote Goex by the case, and a sub by single pound from the store. Apples and oranges.

I just quoted the price for one pound of each.

No you didn't. You can't walk into Bass Pro or wherever and buy a pound of Goex for $13.99 or whatever price you quoted.

Capper said:
R.M. said:

Just so I know for myself, what IS the price break on sub powders (e.g.) T-7, Pyrodex? I have never seen any sub cheaper than real BP. I know when purchasing a case of BP, the hazmat fee is covered. There is no hazmat fee on the subs.

OK, RM, quote the price for a case of sub vs purchasing a single container, please. This is not a slam, I would just like to know for future reference. Then it would not be apples to oranges.

I said if you live near Graf & Son. It would apply to anybody that lived near a store that sold BP.

If you're going to compare apples to apples you have to put both powders in the same situation.

Order online both in a case. Apples to apples.

Buy 1 lb of T7 in a store, and BP online? Then you have to buy BP by the case to get apples to apples.

If you're a real shooter that burns powder. You'll buy BP by the case. If you're not a shooter, and don't burn much powder. Does it really matter that much what you pay? A few dollars either way doesn't add up to much.

flintlock62 said:
Capper said:
R.M. said:

Just so I know for myself, what IS the price break on sub powders (e.g.) T-7, Pyrodex? I have never seen any sub cheaper than real BP. I know when purchasing a case of BP, the hazmat fee is covered. There is no hazmat fee on the subs.

OK, RM, quote the price for a case of sub vs purchasing a single container, please. This is not a slam, I would just like to know for future reference. Then it would not be apples to oranges.

There's a Hazmat fee for subs if you order online. Any powder, caps etc ordered online will get a Hazmat. When you buy by the case they absorb the fee, but it still gets paid.

Capper said:
flintlock62 said:
Capper said:
R.M. said:

There's a Hazmat fee for subs if you order online. Any powder, caps etc ordered online will get a Hazmat. When you buy by the case they absorb the fee, but it still gets paid.

I didn't know there was a hazmat for ordering subs on line. I know there is for caps. We learn something new every day! I still will only use Holy Black! Nuff said.

Capper, on the Triple 7 thread, you asked me "Not sure where you got the price for Goex...". I was trying to quote you from this Pyrodex thread to the T7 thread, and it came up on this thread. I tried to erase it but it posted anyway.

Herb said:
Capper, on the Triple 7 thread, you asked me "Not sure where you got the price for Goex...". I was trying to quote you from this Pyrodex thread to the T7 thread, and it came up on this thread. I tried to erase it but it posted anyway.

I did remember that I quoted a price for 5 lbs. I'm sure I did that responding to Capt Kirk who had thought BP was more expensive to buy.
I did order 5 lbs once, because I needed some powder fast and didn't want to buy a case at that time.

To be honest Herb. I did shoot some Pyrodex and T7 in my Renegade when I got it. It came with a pound of each powder. They shot ok, but I needed to have everything perfect to keep from getting delays. I even bought a pound of Pyro P to see if it would be more reliable. It seemed like it was, but had a sharper recoil. My bum shoulder really notices any change in recoil. If I could never get BP again i'd use Pyro P. I wouldn't like it, but it's better than not shooting.

In the end i'm happier with real BP. It puts a smile on my face and never lets me down. The price isn't hard to take either. :wink:

IMO if cost meant anything to us, we'd shoot smokeless centerfires because the ammo is much cheaper.

The powder i shoot out of my smokepole of expensive but damn well worth it! Capper knows what that stuff is i shoot :blah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back