• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nails popping out of stock on LGPR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy, everyone!

I'm noticing when shooting lately that the nails in the stock and brass metal furnishings are partly coming out on my Lyman after shooting.

I bought the gun used, and it's probably at least 10 years old. I've tapped them back in, but is there any way to prevent this in the future?

I actually don't really know much about their purpose.

Any tips is helpful! Thanks!

Last edited:
I have an older Lyman Great Plains rifle and there's no brass fittings on it. . . all are steel. I too would like to see pictures. It's possible someone did some brass inlays in your rifle.

I have an older Lyman Great Plains rifle and there's no brass fittings on it. . . all are steel. I too would like to see pictures. It's possible someone did some brass inlays in your rifle.

Honestly, I'm fairly certain I misspoke and they're metal. Apologies.

I'm also young (32), and fairly dumb. ;)

Are you talking about the wedges in the forestock? They can get loose and need to be bent a little to snug them up.

This is a TC but the Lyman wedges are the same except steel.

wedge.JPG

Huh? I've come down sick at my girlfriend's for the past 2 days. 🤨

Apologies?
Lucky guy. Got himself a nurse!!!!!! Get healthy and lets see the rifle......all of us are just curious about the rifle and the "nails". Lots of lymans out there and they are factory made with screws. Now it could be an assembled kit and modifications so you have perked everyones interests. Many of us are retired and all we do qll day is sit by the computer waiting for messages and pics to pop up......thank you for keeping us on out toes!

Latest posts

Back