• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pyramid tent

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can tell you something negative. Twice while at rendezvous in Colorado I had my 10x10x8 pyramid set up with double exterior poles that created a slight problem. It sleeted and snowed and at about 3:00 AM a pole broke under the load. The stiff as a board tent sides tend to wake one up when they hit the bed. I probably taught the camp a few new swear words when I got smacked. It was no fun untieing the poles and bringing the broken pole inside for a one short pole setup to make do until daylight and warm sun.

I enjoyed the pyramid, but replaced it with a 10 x 12 wedge tent for rendezvous and 1835-36 Texas Revolution reenactment activities where my pyramid was the only one in sight.

"If you want to be primitive is sprit a pryamid is a good tent.If your concerened with hc we think pyrimids are later 19th cent.I like a wedge.Its hc,easy to put up,roomy,andcan be 1/2 faced open.I think old timers made use of what they had and no great invention or change of styles is needed to make a pryamid.If we had a time machine i bet you could find a pryimid in the crusades.I would never doubt a pyramid myself but no one can ever give you manure about a wedge"

This would be incorrect, Don Strinz has found recorded data that showed pyramids were used durring the RMFT era. There was quite a bit of question and since then they are accepted as HC.

Zuke

Back