• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PR0500 Traditions Kentucky Rifle Kit - .50 caliber $190.00

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has Anyone any experiance with these as I am new to the clan. and this seems the only rifle in my price range. Also as it is a 2 peice stock kit, when completed are the 2 peices glued together or just held together by the brass ring.
wise words always appreciated :confused:

The fore stock section is pinned to the barrel then slid together with the but section with the brass shim between and held together by the tang screw. The brass shim will have two pins running through it to hold the stock sections in line.
Enjoy, the Kentucky makes a fine first rifle and is a great shooter when you have found the right load.

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

if this is the same set up CVA used ( sure looks like same rifle) back in 1971 or 72 i've got my dad's and it shoots as good now as it did then. (really good for a cheap rifle) and yu get over the 2 part stock after a while . blaine

:thumbsup: I have that rifle that I bought in kit form last year, remember Opra. Great inexpensive gun, shoots better that I do. For $190, I do not think you can do better.

Waya

I have one in 45 that a fella made in 1985, I got it from his widow and it's very fine shooter

I have 3 of them now(45) cap locks. Had a flinter in 45 but lock time was too slow for me. All good shooters. Dilly

picturejy6.jpg

I just finished putting one together, and then I decided to refinish my pistol to match the rifle. It took some work to make things right, and I made a few mistakes along the way, but overall I am very happy with the way it turned out. As far as shooting goes I have only had limited time to work up some loads, but I think she will be a shooter.

Longhair, you may want to check the Traditions website and go into the Bargain Bin. If you are looking for an inexpensive rifle to learn muzzleloading, they have a Deerhunter in .32 cal for $139.95. I want a small bore, but I want a wood stock, so I am passing on that deal.

As my son put up , these if like the CVA rifles and they look like a clone if not the same are really good rifles for the money, years later ( I ot mine in 71 I think ) I took it apart and thined that brass part down to about nothing putting it all back together found out it never did bother me to start with, guessing it was just the thought of it. But as far as will it shoot and shoot right ? They do that real well. Fred :hatsoff:

I used LMF cherry as a first coat then I followed with a second coat of walnut. I got the idea from the book "The Gunsmith of Greenville County" in the chapter on stock finishing.

On both my Traditions rifle and pistol I used a vinegar stain and did a faux tiger strip, I like it. :thumbsup:

Back