• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ordered some balls, patches and lube from Track of the Wolf a bit ago. Looked at powder selections. My flintlock is going to be in .54cal. I've read some here and see recommendations to try the same powder for priming as for main charge. I will assume that FFG is probably a good start for the .530 prb and, if not mistaken in what I read, the same FFG may be ok for priming (try and see kind of thing). Am I correct in reading that Track of the Wolf does not sell just a pound or three as an order? Perhaps I did not read far enough down the list? TIA. baxter

Unless I am not reading correctly, 25 'cans' is the minimum order and at almost $29/can that equals more than $700! Surely I am misreading. baxter

Think your looking at prices for Swiss powder which is pricey. Goex should be around $16/lb. Still a fair chunk of change for a 25lb order.

You are correct about using 2F to start with.When I use 3F in my GPR flinter it throws the balls all over.Only trail and error with give you the best load for powder patch and ball but the shooters here will give you a good place to start.When you get it dialed in you will be surprised at the accuracy your rifle is capeable of.

Back