• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder Shipped

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, just got the email that my Buffalo Arms order shipped. Ordered on November 17th. Hopefully it makes it here to Alabama without a diversion into a ravine like all those packages they found last week! Also hoping it comes on or near the estimated delivery date!

Well, just got the email that my Buffalo Arms order shipped. Ordered on November 17th. Hopefully it makes it here to Alabama without a diversion into a ravine like all those packages they found last week! Also hoping it comes on or near the estimated delivery date!
I ordered some on Nov. 21st. Hopeful like you for good results!

If you want confusion, note that Buffalo Arms is listed as BACO on FedEx emails. At first I wondered why on earth Browning Arms Co was shipping my powder 😵 🙃🤪

That may be too deep a gun retailer joke at the expense of a once proud American gunmaker/USRAC.

When I spoke with Buffalo Arms several days ago about my Nov 19 order, they indicated that they were shipping the maximum legal limit daily and was only up to Nov 16 orders. Patience is a virtue - when you have powder supply backup at home.

When I spoke with Buffalo Arms several days ago about my Nov 19 order, they indicated that they were shipping the maximum legal limit daily and was only up to Nov 16 orders. Patience is a virtue - when you have powder supply backup at home.

Yeah I emailed them right before Thanksgiving and they said the same. Hopefully it will be at my house Tuesday next.

Powder shortages are being manipulated and intended. Think about it. Black powder
is not difficult to make and can be ramped up easy. I think the shortage is half-way
created. Demand is higher, but manufacturing is lower-and manufacturing of
powder is 90% automated- needing few employees. Also, Hodgdon shut down
Goex for good reasons--which I think they did not make fully public.

Powder shortages are being manipulated and intended. Think about it. Black powder
is not difficult to make and can be ramped up easy. I think the shortage is half-way
created. Demand is higher, but manufacturing is lower-and manufacturing of
powder is 90% automated- needing few employees. Also, Hodgdon shut down
Goex for good reasons--which I think they did not make fully public.
Well, I don't see a shortage at all. Buyers artificially create them when they panic buy. See "2020 Toilet Paper Shortage". It's basic economics and human nature. The good reasons for shutting down Goex are lack of profitability and demand COMPARED to smokeless and substitutes. There is no nefarious plot against your hobby.

Anyone remember the "gas shortage" created by folks panic buying three months ago when Colonial got attacked? Please keep the conspiracy theories out of my thread celebrating imminent delivery of my purchase.

People here keep trying to pin the Goex situation on some political agenda. Bean counting at Hodgdon is a lot more boring and mundane than Deep State plots to rid us of black powder but is far more strongly based in reality.

Last edited:
This is not a conspiracy theory. The shortages of everything are real.
Not just of powder. In celebrating the arrival of your powder, shouldn't
that take into account the fact that BP has been hard to source?
Fact is a lot of what is going on is politically driven. Hoarders make
it worse-- but the big issue goes way beyond that. I respect a lot
of views-- and I do not discount someone's ideas as a Conspiracy
Theory unless I know for a fact that it is. The coming year will
remove all doubt about what is in store for America. Congrats
on your powder being shipped.

This is not a conspiracy theory. The shortages of everything are real.
Not just of powder. In celebrating the arrival of your powder, shouldn't
that take into account the fact that BP has been hard to source?
Fact is a lot of what is going on is politically driven. Hoarders make
it worse-- but the big issue goes way beyond that. I respect a lot
of views-- and I do not discount someone's ideas as a Conspiracy
Theory unless I know for a fact that it is. The coming year will
remove all doubt about what is in store for America. Congrats
on your powder being shipped.
Thanks for the congrats.

Back