• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

So close yet so far

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was not in a hurry to obtain black powder as I have been slowly working on our first flintlock. A little more than a week ago after not finding anything locally I put an order in at Grafs. When tracking showed the delivery on Thursday I assembled my T/C Hawken for a test fire before I do the final metal and wood finishing. I spent the afternoon at my daughters building a chicken enclosure and it was a drizzly day but warm. I arrive home and asked my wife if she had my package and she told me FedEx said Weather delay. Yesterday we had a band of heavy rain around noon for less than an hour but after that a warm and clear day. about 3:00 PM I got a message that there was a weather delay again and it would be delivered on Monday. We are out of town next week and so not sure when I will see my order. Funny thing when talking to my son on Thursday FedEx had just delivered a boxed meal kit dated from before Christmas 2022.

FedEx is a disaster. My order went from Grafs to Virginia, new jersey, chicago, Nebraska, wyoming, colorado, New Mexico, Las Vegas NV, SLC Utah and finally to Boise...where it sat for 2 days before being delivered. 18 days total.

My son happened to be home today when FedEx came down the drive. He looked out the window when he heard something just in time to watch the driver get out and toss the package up onto our porch from the sidewalk and I was worried no one would be home to sign for it.

My son happened to be home today when FedEx came down the drive. He looked out the window when he heard something just in time to watch the driver get out and toss the package up onto our porch from the sidewalk and I was worried no one would be home to sign for it.
I see you are in B,HAM area We are starting a muzzle loader shoot on second Saturday of each month if you are interested it is at Graysville Gun Club . You can contact me if interested

I was unaware you could get black powder delivered. I thought you had to have Hazmat shipping or something? Or do they just charge extra

I was unaware you could get black powder delivered. I thought you had to have Hazmat shipping or something? Or do they just charge extra
There is a hazardous materials fee of 23.50 on top of shipping and also adult signature is required. Our FedEx people Only seem to deliver on sunny days and to save themselves the trouble of seeing if anybody is home they sign for us ?. This is Grafs and sons that I ordered from, they have a 4# minimum.

Are you interested in the fun shoot tomorrow I sent you my phone number
Sorry, we are both working today. I am finishing a large project in Destin and my sons IT team was going live with a new computer system at Children's so they are rotating shifts. Things should settle down for both of us over the next couple of weeks. I will give you a call this coming week, John.

Back