• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder and mice?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in the country in a pasture, the mice get in all the time. I’ve had several cats over the past few years. I wish the Coyotes around here would eat more mice than they do cats, chickens and rabbits.
I hear ya. Some cats are good at catching mice, others not so much. We've had a few duds. We no longer will own cats.

However, we did have two Jack Russell's and they killed every mouse in the area. Only problem was, they killed everything else that breathed or moved. Everything from bugs, to mice, chimp monks, snakes, rats, rabbits, birds, cats, moles, coons, Squirrels, possums, even a couple of night owls that got into their dog run.

Last edited:
I hear ya. Some cats are good at catching mice, others not so much. We've had a few duds. We no longer will own cats.

However, we did have two Jack Russell's and they killed every mouse in the area. Only problem was, they killed everything else that breathed or moved. Everything from bugs, to mice, chimp monks, snakes, rats, rabbits, birds, moles, coons, Squirrels, possums, even a couple of night owls that got into their dog run.
Yup, terrible terriers. Bred to be ratters they go after everything.

Yup, terrible terriers. Bred to be ratters they go after everything.
Yeah man, Jacks are the ultimate exterminators of pesky things. Most of them I didn't mind but I did not like to see them kill nonpoisonous snakes, squirrels and rabbits. My jacks were especially skilled at killing mice and nasty old wild cats.

However, we did have two Jack Russell's and they killed every mouse in the area. Only problem was, they killed everything else that breathed or moved. Everything from bugs, to mice, chimp monks, snakes, rats, rabbits, birds, cats, moles, coons, Squirrels, possums, even a couple of night owls that got into their dog run.

?
20231229_123154.jpg

Back