• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pounds of Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One. That's because I moved to Texas and can't go shooting very much.

The three years prior I shot at least a pound to a pound and 1/2 per month when living in Ohio.

HD

Between the girlfriend (who has really taken to black powder) and I, 3 .58 caliber rifles, 1 .69 caliber smoothbore and 6 cap and ball revolvers...

10 lbs. Goex 2f and 3f, alot of balls and alot of caps.

So I ordered 25 lbs more at the end of the season! Should be good to go for awhile now. :surrender: :) :applause:

Already in the past two months we have cast over 600 .575 minie balls, 400 .454 balls and 400 .375 balls!

I used about ten pounds total between a .50 hawken and a new army .44 revolver. We shoot twice a month.

Since I shoot 4-5 rounds of skeet a week between March and November about 45-50 lbs (did not include Friendship) and about 2 pounds during waterfowl and deer season. Skeet shooting can burn lots of powder.

AJ/OH said:
Since I shoot 4-5 rounds of skeet a week between March and November about 45-50 lbs (did not include Friendship) and about 2 pounds during waterfowl and deer season. Skeet shooting can burn lots of powder.

Don't like shoot'n at those damn Skeets...to hard to clean and stringy!..... :rotf:

I am just getting back into shooting my civil war muskets after recently moving from maryland to Florida. I shot two and a half pounds of pyrodex in the last two months and cast about 25 pounds of lead into .577 mini balls (460/500 gr) and 562 round balls. I have just obtained another 60 pounds of lead and will start making some .530 round balls for a Pedersoli Hawkens that is comming my way. The local gun shop said they will have some black powder in a couple of weeks.

Back