• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Possibles hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all!
Posting from Oregon here in the US.
So I use to shoot cap and ball years back and decided I missed it.
Got a new Walker and dusted off my Old Army. Didn't realize that getting possible was near impossible. Does anyone know where I can obtain #10 or #11 caps?
Was able to find powder but it's useless without caps.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks!

Hello all!
Posting from Oregon here in the US.
So I use to shoot cap and ball years back and decided I missed it.
Got a new Walker and dusted off my Old Army. Didn't realize that getting possible was near impossible. Does anyone know where I can obtain #10 or #11 caps?
Was able to find powder but it's useless without caps.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks!

One word FLINTLOCK

Hey, @Pepper67 !

Welcome from Florida!

Percussion caps are indeed hard to find right now. I would recommend a couple of things. First, go to the Graf & Sons website, and sign on for notification when caps become available. When they notify you they have some, drop everything and order a quantity right then. I would request notification for all brands of their #10 and #11 caps. I don't know about the Old Army, but your Walker likely uses #11 or RWS #1075. Graf's is a good outfit to deal with. They are honest folks with realistic pricing on the goods they sell.

Next, I would call all of the shooting and sporting goods stores within a reasonable driving distance and ask if they have caps. I would not rely on the "big box" stores... where I live the "associates" who man the Sporting Goods departments don't even know what percussion caps are.

Third, I would look for and attend some gun shows. It has been years since I've been to one, but past experience has shown that you can never predict what may be available for sale at the better gun shows, and a few forum members have reported seeing caps for sale.

Good luck!

Notchy Bob

Gone to making them. Bought $100 of kit and fixins to make several 1000 of them.
Once and awhile you can findem in a store, but Ive not seemem in years.

Latest posts

Back