• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

209 to percussion conversion for TC Triumph

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here, as I just recently acquired my first muzzleloader, as a gift. It’s a TC Triumph Bone Collector. It seems like a pretty cool gun! I’d like to hunt with it, unfortunately though, 209 ignitions are illegal for hunting here in Oregon. In-line muzzleloaders were recently legalized for hunting here (confirmed this with a phone call to ODFW), but only percussion or No. 11 musket caps can be used. I’m hoping someone here will know of a conversion kit or interchangeable breech plug that would allow this? The gun is brand new with the stickers still on, so if it turns out that no conversion is possible, I may end up wanting to trade or sell it.

Also, powder pellets and sabots are illegal for hunting here, does anyone have experience shooting granular powder and bare lead slugs with this gun? Any input/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,
This forum is dedicated to what we call "traditional muzzleloaders" , and as such we don't discuss inlines here. However, we have a sister website, where you should be able to get your question answered. No worries.

All that we use is either "bare lead slugs" aka "conical bullets" or patched, round ball. Both work quite well. Good luck this year with the deer.

Modern Muzzleloaders

LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back