• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Poor mans shot pouch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I go and buy used skirts, purses, and other leather products and they look at me kinda funny I tell them it is to make traditional muzzleloading accessories too...

:redface:

Yes, enjoy yourself!

Alden said:
Hey, that's quakers!

Nope - them's Quackers

Quakers are the rosy-cheeked folk with wide brimmed hats pictured on the Oatmeal Cannisters. They'd take offense to being hung upside down over a spare tire ...

If you really want a poor mans shot/ball pouch, give me your address and I'll send you one :wink:

Ain't fancy but it'll get the job done.

This is my 50 cal ball bag but you could use it for shot. I made it out of copper fittings, old blue jeans and waxed linen thread. You could put your own twist on it. Use leather, canvas. make wood plug or even make wooden spout.

I suggest a bowline.

yelnif said:
Very nice Hanshi, how much shot does it carry? I would suggest that you tie a figure eight knot instead of that single overhand one (not very secure) it would be a shame to loose it.
hanshi said:
I managed to cobble this shot holder from a piece of bamboo. It actually works as intended!

I woulda guessed copper fittings, new blue jeans and waxed linen thread...

The best containers I have ever used are either an old Prince Albert tobacco can, or (deep breath) one of the AK-47 cleaning kit cans that is about half the size of the Prince Albert types and is made of heavier gauge blackened steel. Both have hinged lids with a flat profile which aids greatly in pouring into a measure, and this same flatness makes them easily fit into inner pockets found in most shooting bags . I have several of each type of can, and prefer the military version for most use. These (the AK-type) can be found at gun shows crammed full of cleaning equipment complete with one of the cutest small oil cans you ever saw, in new condition , for around $4 to $7 each. For HC events, you may have to use something else, but for general use, I don't think these can be beaten.

Latest posts

Back