• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Poacher

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fences are cut,pulled up and wired in place,,,cause the deer will cross there ,,,they will go under before over and through every time,,,

armakiller said:
Fine leave, its called being an American, ...
Don't presume to speak for me or everyone else in the country. Not all of us consider machismo a good thing.

Spence

Not an answer to clyde.

Call the F&G IMHO confronting the poacher is escalating a potential dangerous situation. Pounding your chest and being an ass will get you in prison. It is for freaking hunting not a home invasion.

You won't find many in the South who would agree with you. They would suspect that someone trespassing was casing their place or worse.

Patocazador said:
You won't find many in the South who would agree with you. They would suspect that someone trespassing was casing their place or worse.
The truth and the problem illuminate each other.... :hmm: :hatsoff:

I honestly believe that hunting on someone else's property without permission should be a felony offence, no jail time but a year or two probation.

I may be wrong but it seems like the fear of never being able to own a firearm ever again because of a felony conviction may deter most folk from engaging in such behavior.

I have a friend in Tenn with a felony conviction, he didn't do it but got railroaded by an overzealous prosecutor who didn't care about the truth and only about getting a conviction.

He spent three years in prison while his appeal went the there courts. His case was overturned but the prosecutor told him he would be tried again unless he pled guilty to a lesser charge and would then be released on probation.

My friend had congestive heart failure, emphysema, and later cancer so he pled because he knew he couldn't go through the same kangaroo court again.

Anyway, he can't own a gun, a bow, a muzzle loader or even a pocket knife.

Dang I ran out of time on the editing feature." his appeal went through the courts".

Not to leave you hanging and wondering; My friends offence was child molesting, he didn't do it.

In a major lapse of judgement, when he was 56 he married a 26 year old trailer trash gal who quickly fleeced him of everything he owned.

He always said he would kill himself before he went to prison. She took out a million bucks worth of life insurance on him and had her 13 year old daughter charge him with molesting her.

True to his word my friend attempted to do himself in with pills but he lived through it and off to jail he went.

The wife abandoned her two girls and disappeared, leaving a trail of bad checks, unpaid bills and making off with a car she had neglected to make payments on.

I honestly believe that hunting on someone else's property without permission should be a felony offence, no jail time but a year or two probation.
You may very well get your wish.....although it will carry a mandatory minimum sentence.
(R)legislators are proposing and enacting tougher laws across the country. It's their "gun control" They are changing many laws that were previously misdemeanors, into felonies. Many with minimum sentences.. This also carries political advantages . Some states already have felony trespassing laws.
Some crimes also have redundant charges with equal penalties, so that in case one charge gets dismissed another can take its place to convict.
There are enough laws on the books that no one would be immune from prosecution if so desired.

The hard nosed trespassing laws were passed in
Texas by the large land owners who had influence.

I had a duck lease on the Texas Gulf Coast, 2 trespassers showed and I asked them to leave and they moved off a bit and sat down to hunt. I was alone and left and did not feel safe being alone.

I headed for my truck and the Game Warden I knew showed up at my truck and we visited a bit and I explained my problem. He put on his hip boots and set out after them. When they discovered he was a Game Warden they attempted to run off from him in the marsh.

He caught them, confiscated their guns, wrote multiple tickets on each person, some of them being federal charges.

I only ask, do let folks wander in your house when you are not home????????????????????????

All my neighbors keep their gates locked all the time to keep folks from driving into their land.

So if it is a Felony and you break the law,in Maine, by the fact you are a felon you can no longer own or be around a firearm,,so there by you can not hunt with a firearm, two birds with one stone!!!Anti gun/hunting factions see this as a win win..
Easier to turn this problem over the the local D.I.F.W. and let them sort it out.

Easier to turn this problem over the the local D.I.F.W. and let them sort it out.

We have signs on our gates offering a $1,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of "anyone" caught trespassing on this property.

Our neighbor worked for Texas Department of Criminal Justice and was on his way to work. He passed one of our gates and found a truck blocking it. He called the Sherriff and blocked the truck and waited for the Sherriff and Game Warden to arrive.

Long story, the truck belonged to a local Doctor who had permission to hunt and he forgot his key to get in. Neighbor got his $1,000 and charges for being stupid were dropped against the Doctor.

My land my rules, and I call the Game Warden.

so there by you can not hunt with a firearm, two birds with one stone!!!Anti gun/hunting factions see this as a win win..

There really are no factions in politics...it's a case of "good cop" vs. "bad cop". While the "bad cop" intimidates and distracts you the "good cop" gets what he want's from you.

As long as guns and hunting are part of a national debate, it will always be that way..

Richard Eames said:
The hard nosed trespassing laws were passed in
Texas by the large land owners who had influence.

I had a duck lease on the Texas Gulf Coast, 2 trespassers showed and I asked them to leave and they moved off a bit and sat down to hunt. I was alone and left and did not feel safe being alone.

I headed for my truck and the Game Warden I knew showed up at my truck and we visited a bit and I explained my problem. He put on his hip boots and set out after them. When they discovered he was a Game Warden they attempted to run off from him in the marsh.

He caught them, confiscated their guns, wrote multiple tickets on each person, some of them being federal charges.

I only ask, do let folks wander in your house when you are not home????????????????????????

All my neighbors keep their gates locked all the time to keep folks from driving into their land.
Having to pay for something does tend to bring out the childish selfishness in people...
I wonder what is more important...The money the landowner make off of your lease or the power it exercises over you?

I am of the ilk that if you don't behave you should be punished. I raised my kid and three step kids that way, I am sure I hurt their fragile little egos at times but they turned out great, no drugs, no arrests, (well one, a few months after I got custody of my son when he was 15, when I got done with him I was sure it would never happen again and it didn't) and only one divorce but they have since reconciled and are back together. All the kids are around 50 years old now.

It is like the joke about the farmer who walked up to his mule and swatted him across the head with a 2X4. His friend asked; "what did you do that for?". The farmer said; " he is a great mule and will do whatever you want him to but you have to get his attention first".

Vomir le Chien said:
So if it is a Felony and you break the law,in Maine, by the fact you are a felon you can no longer own or be around a firearm,,so there by you can not hunt with a firearm,

I am a retired LEO and I worked in Indiana and Florida and now reside in Tennessee. In those three states, muzzleloaders are not considered firearms, unless used in the commission of a crime. Consequently, a convicted felon, in most circumstances, can legally hunt with a muzzleloader. It will depend upon your state's interpretation of what a muzzleloader is. Most will say that it is a firearm only capable of being loaded from the muzzle, manufactured in a year of their choosing, or a replica there of.

By that definition, in-lines would be eliminated, as well they should. If your state allows purchase of a muzzleloader, on line, without a background check, and delivered to your door, they are probably not considered to be a firearm. Of course, I am speaking of a muzzleloader, of a caliber suitable to harvest a deer, loaded with black powder, or a replica, loaded with a patched round ball, not a jacketed pistol bullet.......robin :stir:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Krewson and Mr. Clyde, there's an old book with many truths, one of them saying that the rod and reproof give wisdom but a child left to himself brings his mother shame. Mr. Krewson did well and is reaping what he sowed.

Them poachers bring shame upon their names.

swathdiver said:
Mr. Krewson and Mr. Clyde, there's an old book with many truths, one of them saying that the rod and reproof give wisdom but a child left to himself brings his mother shame. Mr. Krewson did well and is reaping what he sowed.

Them poachers bring shame upon their names.
Not surprising that we would get a biblical sermon on the Sabbath.. :shake:

Back