• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Plain Jane Woodsrunner bummer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I found that didnt connect the two at first but now I do. I ordered some of those sights and received them from Track. The rear sight will require quite a bit of filing. Something I will need to have someone else do if I make the change. I dont have the files and skills to do this myself. At least not that much fitting.
The front sight has an oversize dovetail base and requires thinning. The front sight has enough height to dress it down.

Attachments

• 824C7B0C-E3CC-4403-BD8B-51C2F26AA63C.jpeg
    824C7B0C-E3CC-4403-BD8B-51C2F26AA63C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 5EDC741B-62A5-4A79-BFCD-3992644C6CE1.jpeg
    5EDC741B-62A5-4A79-BFCD-3992644C6CE1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • A357010B-0F8E-443D-AE57-C417C3108DDE.jpeg
    A357010B-0F8E-443D-AE57-C417C3108DDE.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 594CE385-AB46-41CB-B0C9-E5FD61A264EF.jpeg
    594CE385-AB46-41CB-B0C9-E5FD61A264EF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
When I sight in a new set of sights on a muzzleloader, I have found over the years that Sam Fadala's recommendation of zeroing it in at 13 yards to be very useful. I shoot at small black dot or square from a magic marker and hold dead on, then adjust until all holes are in the tiny target.

If all goes well, you have a ragged hole with the windage and elevation perfect. Move to 25 and they will all be inside a standard small NMLRA bullseye. If you have tall sights the group might be slightly higher but the windage is usually dead on...............If I remember correctly Mark Baker uses this same principle................Bob

When I sight in a new set of sights on a muzzleloader, I have found over the years that Sam Fadala's recommendation of zeroing it in at 13 yards to be very useful. I shoot at small black dot or square from a magic marker and hold dead on, then adjust until all holes are in the tiny target.

If all goes well, you have a ragged hole with the windage and elevation perfect. Move to 25 and they will all be inside a standard small NMLRA bullseye. If you have tall sights the group might be slightly higher but the windage is usually dead on...............If I remember correctly Mark Baker uses this same principle................Bob
That used to be common knowledge, when open or iron sights were used much more widely than they are today.

Kibler runs one heck of a business doesn’t he?

Latest posts

Back