• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pietta Confederate Navy Sheriff .44

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric N.

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I went to Cabals today to buy an 1860 Army.And I bought it. In the display case they had the Sheriff. What I was surprised to see was a round barrel and no engraving on the cylinder. Its Pietta model number CFS44. It was on sale for 119.95. I surfed the Internet,and cant find anything on it.Sure a pretty looking thing.So it is mine now. Thanks!!

It kind of looks like a baby Dragoon style barrel.Now how does one post a pic? Now this is strange,it has a notch for a shoulder stock

You didn't mention, although by the Confederate name it probably is, a brass frame. If so, it is a short barreled version of their .44 cal. Griswold&Gunnison, particularly by the non-engraved cylinder. I had a Model 60 Reb that Navy Arms sold about thirty years ago, it was my first revolver. Yeah, it sure is a pretty gun. Light loads and properly sized ball and it should last you a while.

:rotf: :rotf: Yup, but they shore make some purty ones! Have you checked their website? They've got some they don't export.

They do have some imagination. I think they have one guy who's job is to come up with new guns.

I'm fond of Uberti's. More authentic, and nice workmanship.

Agreed. I do like the way my ASM's feel in the hand, though. My Walker's barrel wedge goes in from the wrong side, but that's really a minor thing to me. Piettas just don't feel right.

Sheriff44Colt.jpg

Here it is.

I still cant find any info on this gun. Tried searching Cabelas website using their SKU number 2886212 The barrel is 4 7/8in. and the wood grip is the best looking I have seen on an import. :surrender:

The gun Cabalas sells is not the same gun. It maybe listed as a 1851 but it is steel frame Nickel finish fluted cylinder and does not have the round barrel. This revolver is not like any I have seen. It is a 1851 Confederate Sheriffs Model Brass frame but has a round Barrel. As far as loading you can use a small piece of pipe on the loading lever for more leverage. It may have been discountinued by Pietta and Cabalas had this one left in stock.Anyway "Eric got a good buy in it." :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back