• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion cap availability

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Central WI all I am finding is #10 caps.

I don't know what the heck is going on. I can't imagine any fool hording #11 caps for when the SHTF. Not like you'd want to take on roving bands armed with AK's and you with a ML.

The only thing I can fathom is that all the copper/brass/priming compound is going into regular ammo and CCI/Remington is not making manufacturing runs of #11s.

Either that or with all the in-line crowd shifting towards 209 primers, #11 caps just don't sell as well as they used to?

I've had no problem finding #10s and #11s at the local Sheels store. They charge about $5.99 per 100. Federal brand.

They seem to always have them in stock. I've also noticed they have a ton of .22 LR ammo too.

I was at a gun show in Des Moines this past weekend and talked with a dealer that had caps on his table. Then I noticed he had two cases of CCI #11 there for sale as well. Don't remember off hand what the prices were like but nothing struck me as gouging at all. Greg. :)

They were getting higher and higher here and usually not allot around but lately been coming down slowly. I seen some for $5.75 the other day and they were up around $7 or $8.

This may be wonderful news for you. On the Shiloh Rifles Forum John Bly reports that Jim Kirkland of Schuetzen Powders has 1,000,000 musket caps ready for shipment from Spain. While Mr. Bly reported no firm delivery date, think in terms of SOON.

Hope this helps.

Checked MidwayUSA, Nachez, Graf's, & Midsouth they were ALL out of stock.

Cabela's had 1,000 Remington #11s for $80 plus hazmat fees!

Who says flintlocks are not as reliable? No cap, no boom.

I hate to mention them but 2 Wally Worlds in my area have both had 11s. Winchesters. Yeah they were $7 and change.
Take care,
Ed

Here in Nebraska i was able to buy some CCI 11,s at one of our local gun shops for 5.99 a can about a month ago. However I have had 10,s on order at both local gun shops for more than 6 months.

I found #11 magnum CCI caps for $49.99/1000 at a local gun shop yesterday here in Jamestown, NY. Had to buy a brick........

Black Jaque said:
I can't imagine any fool hording #11 caps for when the SHTF. Not like you'd want to take on roving bands armed with AK's and you with a ML.

Been thinking about having one of my flinters converted to full auto....anyone know who does such work?

No body will make thu change fur you,,,,, its ill eagle to have 1. BUT A GOOD ide any how.

I contacted CCI a couple months back and they replied that they had "Packaging issues" that were now resolved so they should be coming back in to the market. Two months ago (or longer) and have yet to see the CCI caps back in stock from the big online dealers???

just got em in stock here at my local wally world here in arcadia fl @720 per hundred.only stock em during mzl season though.

Wings Bait and Tackle in Lyndhurst, ON was selling them last year for $5 CDN a tin. Not CCI but another brand.

Back