• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got Some Cheap Percussion Caps Today.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Stopped by a gunshop hadn't been in in a while. In a glass case I saw some percussion caps. 400 Remington #11's. 200 CCI #11's and about 75 in a Navy Arms tin.. $5.00 each for the full tins and $3.00 for the Navy Arms tin. Couldn't pass them up at that price. Been to a few gun hows lately and have seen only one tin of caps and he wanted $20 for it.

Attachments

• DSCN0605.JPG
    DSCN0605.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
Wow lucky find for anyone who lives in or near Alstead New Hampshire the Alstead Gun shop has a bunch of CCI No. 11s. No 10s. I think $12 or $12.95. I thought that was very high but I don’t think he’s taking any one most of his stuff is fairly priced. I actually bought a couple tins late last year reluctantly for that just in case.

FYI-This shop does not carry any black powder weapons or components as a rule. They don't carry any black powder accessories, patches, powder, parts, balls, etc. at all. Have only seen a few used inlines and one percussion pistol there for several years. They deal almost exclusively in modern firearms so I don't know why they had these caps. They don't even sell reloading stuff for modern rounds. So they had these tins of caps in a side case with a bunch of older modern military handguns.

Did you ever put on a heavy coat for the first cold day of winter and find a $10 or a $20 bill in a pocket you had forgotten about? And you felt like you’d won the lottery? I was looking through a bunch of ammo cans and several others I’ve stored various gun cleaning paraphernalia. I stumbled on 4 tins of CCI and Remington #11 caps. With this cap shortage, what a gold mine I found. Was just starting process of making my own percussion caps and now … WOW. The old memory ain’t what it used to be. Some days it’s better to be lucky than good!😁

Last edited:
I'd sure love to run across some Remington 11s. Just got a North American arms super companion and the Remington number 10s I have are working pretty good.

They recommend number 11 Remington's. I have some Winchester magnum number 11s and some CCI 11s but both of those seem to fit very loosely on the nipples.

Has anyone heard anything about Remington coming out with any 11s lately?

Diligence and perseverance paid off. I check 4 different online sites daily and sometimes 3-4 times a day for No. 11s. Hit MidwayUSA just right a few weeks back and got 1,000 caps and then stopped at Academy just to check this morning and bought 2 more 100 cap tins at $12 each. Guy behind gun counter said they found 3 tins thrown in with an order of unmentionable ammo they didn’t know they were getting. I checked Midway site about 30 minutes after they accepted my order and caps supply was already gone.
I got super lucky and I’m good on caps for a long while.
Caps are trickling out, you just gotta be persistent looking.
IMG_2049.jpeg

Last edited:
Stopped by a gunshop hadn't been in in a while. In a glass case I saw some percussion caps. 400 Remington #11's. 200 CCI #11's and about 75 in a Navy Arms tin.. $5.00 each for the full tins and $3.00 for the Navy Arms tin. Couldn't pass them up at that price. Been to a few gun hows lately and have seen only one tin of caps and he wanted $20 for it.
If the Remington ones are old I had a bunch of the green compound fall out.

Gun shows are for exhibitors.

Latest posts

Back