• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion cap availability- when??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAndersen

32 Cal
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight when and or if percussion caps (Remington, CCI, RWS) might be readily available at a reasonable price?

Picked up 2000 CCI #11 today at LGS at $5.99 a tin. Just have to keep looking.

I was just about to post the same; I yesterday purchased 2000 CCI #10 at my LGS for $5.99 a tin, and 2 weeks ago I had purchased several thousand each of CCI #11 and CCI #10 and Remington #11 for the same price as well...

I was able to get two tins of #11 caps at Gander Outdoors today. $6.10 a tin. If anyone is local, that was the Jackson, Tennessee location and there are a few tins left.

From what I've gathered and researched, it will take years.

Some people do not understand the nature of the current shortage. It is of such a type and on such a massive scale that we have never seen anything like it in history. We are truly living in the "perfect storm" of circumstances for this to have happened and the shooting sports will never be the same again.

I doubt the industry will ever fully recover, I.e. back to “the way things were.” I do hope it recovers enough to hose a few of the hyper-inflated resellers.

I’m trying to look at it with a glass half full attitude. I say try.... ha!
but so far this to me isn’t any different then years past. Every election people start to panic buy or like someone said before me.... buy just to try and turn a huge profit. Then it evens out. Yeah it’s going to take a while because the panic is still going on. But coming off of the whole Covid thing didn’t help.
so personally if people would just buy normally it would be a lot better. Not like a couple years ago but better then going to your LGS and stare at empty shelves.

Until someone buys Remington and gets it up and running Ammo is going to continue to be limited. Remington produced 1/3 of what was on the shelves before they went Bankrupt. A friend reminded me of this fact when I was complaining about the shortages of everything to do with shooting.

Until someone buys Remington and gets it up and running Ammo is going to continue to be limited. Remington produced 1/3 of what was on the shelves before they went Bankrupt. A friend reminded me of this fact when I was complaining about the shortages of everything to do with shooting.
Vista Outdoors purchased Remington Ammunition, and is back in production. I think muzzleloading caps are probably down near the bottom of their list as unmentionable ammo is more lucrative right now.

When someone tries to mount a flintlock on their 1860 army to fire it, you know it’s gotten bad.....😇

Back