• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Now vs Earlier

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregLaRoche

40 Cal
Reaction score
I was looking at a Pedersoli Tryon fos sale the other day. When I saw it was manufactured in the 80s I lost interest. For some reason I don’t think the older Pedersoli guns are as well made as the ones today. I think they have worked to improve their level of quality in recent years. Does anyone agree with me or maybe believe the opposite ?

While I haven't bought any new guns in the last twenty years. I have two Pedersoli's, one a double percussion 12 gauge bought in 1972, and the other a flintlock rifle bought around 2000. Both are excellent quality guns.I just wish I could shoot as well as the guns are made.

I know a few of their early cartridge guns had soft internal parts that had to be replaced but have never heard of problems with their muzzleloaders.

Here in Europe today, Pedersoli has the best reputation for replicas. I wasn’t sure about before because there was a lot of bad said about Italian guns when I lived in the US. I think Pedersoli has acquired some of the lesser quality arms manufacturers and if I should decide to buy one, I hope it’s of good quality.

Latest posts

Back