• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli kit build, then rebuild

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T1hank You, Yes the barrel is now pinned. I did away with the nose cap with the barrel retaining screw and installed barrel tennons and a proper nose cap.
Ah!. i thought you may have used the old method of drilling through the bottom of the barrel for the pins.
I used a precision tool,(my finger to the first joint), to measure and it looked like they could have gone through the barrel.
really is a nice pistol. guess i should finish the one that has been laying on my bench for a year!

Ah!. i thought you may have used the old method of drilling through the bottom of the barrel for the pins.
I used a precision tool,(my finger to the first joint), to measure and it looked like they could have gone through the barrel.
really is a nice pistol. guess i should finish the one that has been laying on my bench for a year!
I made this tool to drill the pin holes. Works amazingly well.
IMG_3425.jpeg

Thank you all for your replies. This pistol kit build/rebuild project has been a great learning experience. I really envy those of you who carve from blanks, your molding carving skills and engraving skills. What a great hobby, shooting sport and forum!

Here’s a couple more of the top. Acorn inlay is made from silver coinage. The modified entry pipe is a vast improvement over the original which was set in an oval machine cut slot with alot of gap around it.

All in all I probably thinned “another” 1/8” to 3/16” of wood from the belly. There’s an over abundance of wood in these pre carved kits! You can really see the difference in the upper profile of the trigger compared to the before pic. Overall it feels and handles so much better. Can’t wait to shoot her, again!

IMG_6543.jpeg

IMG_6540.jpeg

The final reveal after 7 coats of 50/50 Truoil thinned with mineral spirits. It’s sooo much easier to apply thinned! Wiped all the way back to just the pores with 0000 steel wool. That left behind some light shaded areas which give it “handled“ patina I think. Final coat of Renaissance wax. I’m done with it for a while other than shooting it!

IMG_6575.jpeg

IMG_6576.jpeg

The final reveal after 7 coats of 50/50 Truoil thinned with mineral spirits. It’s sooo much easier to apply thinned! Wiped all the way back to just the pores with 0000 steel wool. That left behind some light shaded areas which give it “handled“ patina I think. Final coat of Renaissance wax. I’m done with it for a while other than shooting it!

View attachment 257721
View attachment 257735
That looks Awesome!

You know, something that occurs to me as I read these posts, is that we can always keep working on a piece, making it better...we're never *really* done, are we? And isn't that what makes what we do here so much fun?

Back