• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli kit build, then rebuild

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Built this Pedersoli Kentucky flintlock pistol about 2 years ago and decided to rebuild it. Greatly thinned the belly and stock. Modified the entry pipe with some nickel silver stock and soldered it on. Reshaped both lock and side panels and made them much smaller. Restained the stock alot darker with Fiebings med brown leather dye. Still need to apply a couple coats of BLO and TruOil to fill the pores but it’s mostly done.

Heres a before
IMG_6488.jpeg

IMG_6490.jpeg

I see several modifications and can appreciate each as I purchased a Pedersoli kentucky .45 in percussion from DG 28 years ago. I used a sand cast butt cap I also purchased then as well as blunderbuss trigger guard. I could not decide on sights and wanted a longer sight radius hence the .22 modified rifle sight, with shop made front sight. I do believe they gave you the option to delete and add certain parts to the kit back then. They sure had a lot more stuff. It was expensive @$130.00 The other pistol was a Pedersoli .50 non-kit parted out on eBay recently, I purchased only the stock. It will have a Bondini 11 3/4 x7/8 .45 NOS barrel (purchased here from a member) hence the long nose cap. I had to open up the barrel channel from 13/16ths which was the first task and it gave it a slimmer look right away. It will also get a butt cap, not sure which one, I may make my own. If I re-build my original, I certainly will do away with that unfinished looking funky nose cap held on by a microscopic screw. The stock on that one is finished with only linseed oil but after many years (and many coats from time to time) it has aged nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_3313.JPG
    IMG_3313.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3314.JPG
    IMG_3314.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3315.JPG
    IMG_3315.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
very very nice! is the barrel pinned or are there lugs for the pins?
the great thing about building these is you can at anytime rebuild them.
love the darker tone.
Thank You, Yes the barrel is now pinned. I did away with the nose cap with the barrel retaining screw and installed barrel tennons and a proper nose cap.

I'm inspired @Compressorguy, I have one in .50 that was the first kit I ever built. Was very proud of it at the time but now I know that it looks like k--p. It's due for a complete rebuild.

This one is .50 as well and a very good shooter. I’d say go for it. It’s made a great foundation to build from and modify. Ive learned a lot! May be one day I’ll scratch build one. Definitely feel more comfortable in my skills now.

Latest posts

Back