• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Rehabilitating a 200-year-old Jaeger Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a shooter not a collector. I think you have done a great job of bringing that rifle back into service, it will re acquire patina as time goes on, not hopefully rust and deterioration. Great tutorial.

Excellent restoration posting Bob !
Wish your photos were still visible online.
Appears we are of similar age & have similar goals to properly restore historical firearms &
prevent them from corroding into oblivion.
I also shoot originals Jaegers & European pistols were my favorite to hunt & compete with .
Relic shooter

I regularly do living history presentations to schools and youth groups. As my ancestors during that war were Pennsylvania riflemen
Good on you. I can't claim a rifleman ancestor but until a couple years ago I did similar first person Rev. Rifleman presentations many times over a 50 year span. Congrats on the Jaeger. Your pics would not open for me.

Back