• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Charles Moore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George91946

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just purchased a Charles Moore Pedersoli flint pistol. It has been used a few times, but basically new. The gun has a single set trigger, which sets, and fires, but fails trip the sear arm and set the tumbler in motion.

I can fire the gun in non set position, but the trigger pull is monstrous.

What should I do in order to get the thing to fire off the set trigger?

Thanks

George

Sounds like the sear bar is bearing on wood inside of the lock. Try loosening the screw holding the lock a turn or two and then cocking the hammer, setting the lock and see if it will go off then. If it does the wood it would mean that the wood expanded and is bearing on the end of the sear. You might have to remove a tadbit of wood or sear to make it work better.

Many Klatch

Also,check the actual lock screws, the ones on the bridle especially, sometimes they get tighten down too much.
That can also cause the tumbler to bind up.

Thanks - That was the problem. I loosened the sear screw a bit, and put some graphite on the mechanism, and reset the trigger adjustment, and it works fine now.

George

Machinists have a bad habit of torquing screws in the locks of muzzleloaders. While that may be OK for machinery, the locks of most muzzleloaders need a little play in the screws if they are going to work right. Glad you got it fixed.

Many Klatch

Back